Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Mantha

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Monster Mantha

Picked up him up based on a hunch as soon as he got called up, one of the best moves I've made this season so far.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Apprentice

mantha vs Kaprisof vs keller
    league info G(2) A(1) -+(1)PIM (.25) PP/SH bonus G (2) A (1.5)
    Goalie S (0.15) GA(-1) W (2) SO (3)
    15 starter ( 11f 3D 1G) // 5 bench 4F 1D
    Keep 5
    and Keep rookies that are on bench and under 100Gp
    F: Giroux , Stamkos,Benn,Seguin,Gaudreau,Voracek,Kopitar,Ranta nen,Kuznetsov,Zucker,Landeskog
    D: Gostisbehere,Krug,Letang,Montour
    Bench: Patrick,Kaprisov,Mittelstad,Tuch

The Great One

Mantha... defensive deficiencies and all
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What are some predictions for points rest of his season? He's on a 60 pt pace right now with 16 pts in 22 games. Can he keep that up?

Dobber Sports Monster

60's...no.

But if he keeps his ice time he can get into the 40's by seasons end. Temper expectations here a bit he'll have ups and downs for the balance of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by striderz View Post
    What are some predictions for points rest of his season? He's on a 60 pt pace right now with 16 pts in 22 games. Can he keep that up?

The Great One

Agree with Shake here.. Most rookies have us and downs and he will be one of those
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

If he can reach 40 points this year, I am sure Detroit would be more than happy with that. God knows no one else is scoring on that team lately.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

I agree with Shake as well. The pace won't keep up as it seems for the past two years Detroit's younger skilled players have all taken turns producing at a solid level and then fading into non existence for a bit (see Nyquist now, Tatar a couple weeks ago).

HOwever I will say that he has been getting regular minutes with Zetterberg almost no matter the outcome so that's a positive.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with Shake as well. The pace won't keep up as it seems for the past two years Detroit's younger skilled players have all taken turns producing at a solid level and then fading into non existence for a bit (see Nyquist now, Tatar a couple weeks ago).

HOwever I will say that he has been getting regular minutes with Zetterberg almost no matter the outcome so that's a positive.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Picked him up a couple weeks ago... looking like a genius now!

This year's Larkin?

jk, different players I know... but the breakout seems similar...

What I really like about his chance to sustain the offensive output is he is sticking on the top line with Hank, top PP and most recently started the OT 3 on 3...

Question for ya'll... What do we think he's do next year? point wise

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin_co View Post
    Picked him up a couple weeks ago... looking like a genius now!

This year's Larkin?

jk, different players I know... but the breakout seems similar...
    That's not really a good thing, IMO. Larkin had 45 points last year and is following that up with a very poor season. He was massively overhyped, but he was much younger as a rookie than Mantha.

I'm not high on Mantha and would sell high, personally, but I added him in a league last week. I don't expect anything great from him in the near future. He's a streaky player and has not once dominated AHL yet.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    That's not really a good thing, IMO. Larkin had 45 points last year and is following that up with a very poor season. He was massively overhyped, but he was much younger as a rookie than Mantha.

I'm not high on Mantha and would sell high, personally, but I added him in a league last week. I don't expect anything great from him in the near future. He's a streaky player and has not once dominated AHL yet.
    I'm 100% with you. I don't see Mantha as anything more than a 50 to 55 point player with decent but not great peripherals. He doesn't play nearly as physical as he should given his size. And while he does have offensive potential, I certainly don't think it's at an elite level. Like I don't think he will ever be as good as guys like Simmonds, Wheeler, Pavelski or even a guy like Hornqvist.

I would also sell high on Mantha if I could right now. Especially in keepers where people might be overvaluing his potential.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Pro

Depends what your definition of "sell high" is I guess. Anybody have examples of who they have been able to sell Mantha for? Because of the small sample size I doubt he is bringing back any asset that is dramatically more proven than he is. Maybe somebody with higher upside who isn't in the bigs yet. Depending on league format that might be worthwhile or might not.

Unless I could get someone who is both higher upside AND already proving it at the NHL level, I would rather hang on to the guy who over the last 3 games is averaging 20 minutes per game on the top line and top PP with Zetterberg and is on a 6 game point streak. If he falls down to earth in a big way you aren't out much... he was a waiver wire/free agent add. If he defies probability and ends up being a real player then you are likely better off with him than whoever you could have traded him for.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Depends what your definition of "sell high" is I guess. Anybody have examples of who they have been able to sell Mantha for? Because of the small sample size I doubt he is bringing back any asset that is dramatically more proven than he is. Maybe somebody with higher upside who isn't in the bigs yet. Depending on league format that might be worthwhile or might not.

Unless I could get someone who is both higher upside AND already proving it at the NHL level, I would rather hang on to the guy who over the last 3 games is averaging 20 minutes per game on the top line and top PP with Zetterberg and is on a 6 game point streak. If he falls down to earth in a big way you aren't out much... he was a waiver wire/free agent add. If he defies probability and ends up being a real player then you are likely better off with him than whoever you could have traded him for.
    This.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

For what it is worth, Mantha is now ranked 121 on the Dobber Top 300 list. Here are the other guys in his neighborhood on the list:

111 Daniel Sedin VAN 57.0 100 92 -11
    112 Henrik Sedin VAN 57.0 101 103 -11
    113 Jakob Silfverberg ANA 55.8 126 143 13
    114 Mika Zibanejad NYR 55.5 98 78 -16
    115 Duncan Keith CHI y 54.9 134 140 19
    116 Jesse Puljujarvi EDM 54.7 113 107 -3
    117 Gustav Nyquist DET 54.2 64 59 -53
    118 James Neal NSH 53.5 122 126 4
    119 Rick Nash NYR 53.0 87 80 -32
    120 Shea Weber MON y 52.4 118 121 -2
    Anthony Mantha
    DET 52.4 209 234 88
    122 Max Domi ARI 52.3 66 72 -56
    123 Conor Sheary PIT 52.2 258 280 135
    124 Zach Werenski CBJ y 51.3 154 207 30
    125 Derick Brassard OTT 51.3 111 73 -14
    126 Zach Parise MIN 51.0 120 112 -6
    127 Keith Yandle FLA y 50.2 104 108 -23
    128 Kyle Palmieri NJD 50.1 123 124 -5
    129 Dylan Larkin DET 50.0 117 99 -12
    130 Andre Burakovsky WAS 49.9 109 111 -21

So I guess in order to "sell high", you would be targeting someone that is significantly higher on the list. Maybe in the 80-100 range?

Banned

The Dobber lost means absolutely nothing