Thread: Vesey vs Aho

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Vesey vs Aho

Who would you prefer long term in a dynasty league?

12 H2H Dynasty:
    G/A/+-/PIM/PPP/SHP/SOG/HTS/BLK/FOW

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Vesey vs Aho

Aho not even close

Dobber Sports Genius

Aho, easily.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Initiate

ha alright thanks guys. Thought it would be closer.

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Dobber Sports Ace

Aho also. But I don't think it's easily. I do think it's closer than some. Aho is more of a playmaker who can score goals. Vesey is more of a goal scorer who can make plays. Aho has the better two way game but Vesey still collects HITs.

I see Vesey as having the ability to get 30 goals or more, but will probably cap at 30 assists. So more than likely looking at a 50 point player eventually, with ability to get up to 60 to 65 in good years.

Aho I think might cap at 20 to 25 goals, but I could see him racking up 40 assists. Probably a regular 60 point player with chance to hit 70.

I might consider Vesey though if I were specifically looking for goals.

- - - Updated - - -

Aho also. But I don't think it's easily. I do think it's closer than some. Aho is more of a playmaker who can score goals. Vesey is more of a goal scorer who can make plays. Aho has the better two way game but Vesey still collects HITs.

I see Vesey as having the ability to get 30 goals or more, but will probably cap at 30 assists. So more than likely looking at a 50 point player eventually, with ability to get up to 60 to 65 in good years.

Aho I think might cap at 20 to 25 goals, but I could see him racking up 40 assists. Probably a regular 60 point player with chance to hit 70.

I might consider Vesey though if I were specifically looking for goals.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

The Great One

Rangerdanger with a nice analysis for me abut I'd also share that the TT, Stepniak and Aho line is the de facto first unit for Carolina right now which helps him in lieu of New York spreading the ice time, and talent, fairly evenly
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Rangerdanger with a nice analysis for me abut I'd also share that the TT, Stepniak and Aho line is the de facto first unit for Carolina right now which helps him in lieu of New York spreading the ice time, and talent, fairly evenly
    Yea. The biggest obstacle for any ranger player is depth. Rangers have so many forwRds capable of playing top 6 minutes, or at least eventually, and many of them young.

Right now all of Stepan, Kreider, Zuccarello, Hayes, Grabner, Miller, and even Pirri can get top minutes. That's not even including Buchnevic , Nash and Zibanijad who are out injured.

When Zibanijad returns he will slip right in to one of the top two lines. Hayes has made huge strides playing a lot on the 3rd line with Miller, but centers the 2nd line while Zibanijad is out. Miller recently was booted to the 4th line because of some poor choices. But now he should be back on the third.

Miller is one guy I think has a huge future. He's got a great two way game, but takes a lot of chances. He can make the difficult play, but often plays too risky. This is the main reason he was relegated to the fourth for a short time.

Many expected Buchnevic to be a top 6 eventually and he still may. He looked good before getting injured. He is probably Vesey's main competition long term. Many like Buchnevic more than Vesey even. I prefer Vesey still.

But yea, Aho has a much much clearer path to playing time. And he likely will stick on the top line with Carolina as they don't have nearly as many quality forwards as Rangers.

Even long term, I'm not sure Vesey ever gets past the 2nd line.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Genius

I have both on my team and I say Aho for a few reasons, the key ones are these.

Age vs production: Aho is 4 years younger, he's still a teen, and he's producing as good as Vesey and better as the year has gone on. Even if they are on par for the next year or two it only seems reasonable to me that Aho will be a clear step ahead by the time he's Veseys age.

Currently both are quite close in every stat you count except for shots, Aho has an ice advantage there.

Opportunity: Vesey might get 1st line minutes with top linemates from time to time it Aho will get 1st line minutes with top linemates all the time.

If for some reason I Could only keep one of these two players on my team I wouldn't hesitate to keep Aho.

- - - Updated - - -

I have both on my team and I say Aho for a few reasons, the key ones are these.

Age vs production: Aho is 4 years younger, he's still a teen, and he's producing as good as Vesey and better as the year has gone on. Even if they are on par for the next year or two it only seems reasonable to me that Aho will be a clear step ahead by the time he's Veseys age.

Currently both are quite close in every stat you count except for shots, Aho has an ice advantage there.

Opportunity: Vesey might get 1st line minutes with top linemates from time to time it Aho will get 1st line minutes with top linemates all the time.

If for some reason I Could only keep one of these two players on my team I wouldn't hesitate to keep Aho.

W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Padawan

How much better is Aho vs Fiala for example?

I know Aho has better opportunity, but is the upside that much higher?
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by masterjeff View Post
    How much better is Aho vs Fiala for example?

I know Aho has better opportunity, but is the upside that much higher?
    I'm thinking 70-75 for Aho, 50-55 for Vesey unless he goes somewhere that only has 2 scoring lines and the minutes that come with it as opposed to the 3+ units the Rangers have been rolling and even then I'd have him topping out at 60-65.

W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm

The Great One

I like Fiala but I see him producing like Arvidsson is - topping out at 60-65 with plenty of shots
    Experience is the teacher of all things.