Thread: What would happen when Bishop returns?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default What would happen when Bishop returns?

Finally, I was able to trade Allen and acquired Jones. I had to package some of my assets, but now I feel pretty confident in goalie cats.
    Also, I had two more deals to shift things around, and picked up Andersen. Most of GMs in my league run with only two goalies, so he was available.
    Frustrated GM packaged Bishop to get my Lundy, and I acquired him, placed on IR then I picked up Vasilevski.
    Maybe this was my mistake, but he packaged Byuf and couldn't resist it(my Kadri and S.Jones included).

I am pretty sure my goalies are solid, but I started wondering what would happen when Bishop comes back in Tampa.
    Bishop is still #1, but I really want to know if Vas can get the job or they split the games 50/50.
    If Bishop can turn things around after his return, it would be just easy to drop Vas.
    But If he still sucks and they split their games, I am thinking I might grab the other guy to have three starting goalies maybe Greiss?
    I am at 4th and pretty sure I will be in playoffs, so I have to be prepared to form my goalies strong to beat other GMs.

1st : Holtby, Bobrovsky, Rinne
    2nd : Dubnyk, Rask
    3rd : Crawford, Talbot
    10 Team Yahoo 8 Keeper league(H2H) - Re-drated this year
    18-19 - Champion
    19-20 - Champion
    21-22 - Champion
    22-23 - Champion

2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G (4B, 1IR, 2IR+)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO, 4 Minimum

C: Tavares, Stutzle(LW), Kyrou(RW)
    LW: Guentzel, E.Kane
    RW: M.Tkachuck(LW), Meier(LW), Konecny(LW)
    D: McAvoy, Dobson, Chychrun, Trouba, Mintyukov

G: Hellebuyck, Gustavsson, Husso

IR+: Montour
    IR+: Laine(C,LW,RW)

The Great One

Default Re: What would happen when Bishop returns?

I think Laidlaw (?) discussed this well in the Ramblings when Bishop first went down. I think, at worst Bishop splits, but I don't think Vas has been that great since the injury and they may give Bishop an extended run when he returns and that will be his chance to wrestle the net away for the rest of the season

- - - Updated - - -

I think Laidlaw (?) discussed this well in the Ramblings when Bishop first went down. I think, at worst Bishop splits, but I don't think Vas has been that great since the injury and they may give Bishop an extended run when he returns and that will be his chance to wrestle the net away for the rest of the season
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

When Bishop comes back, I think he retains the #1 roll and will carry that right into the playoffs. I can see Vasilevskiy getting starts on the B2B's and every 3rd or so games but for the rest of this season at least, Bishop will carry the load.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

As a vas owner I think bb will get the starters role- albeit maybe a solid split with vast which has already started anyways. Big buff 8s a beast and at underrated- HUGE haul with your cats..

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I also think Ben Bishop comes back and retains the starters role.. Vasilevskiy hasn't really been lights out..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Administrator

Why would Bishop's status with the Lightning change now?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust