Thread: Craig Anderson ROS?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Craig Anderson ROS?

Wanted to get people's thoughts on how valuable craig anderson will be the rest of the year? Nobody knows when he'll be back, but boucher reported yesterday he's still weeks away, and then when he does get back he'll need time to practise and get back into game shape and that it'll be a while until he plays again.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/12/28/...in-near-future

I've got a trade offer sitting on the table from a couple months ago to swap Craig Anderson for Jeff Carter, and wondering with the recent news if I should just jump on it. The other team is in a rebuild sitting 2nd last, while I've got a healthy lead in 1st place. Even with status quo, I'll likely be able to take the 1st seed into the playoffs (8 weeks away) in our H2H league.

What are the chances Craig Anderson is in form in 8 weeks from now when my playoffs start? Should I just move him for a usable asset at this point? He probably wouldn't be a keeper for me, so I'm just thinking about this year.

Kinda sucks to have to think about his situation in this light, and I'm in no way trying to degrade his family situation in any way.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Craig Anderson ROS?

I would deal him for Carter in a heartbeat. You seem pretty solid at goalie already

Dobber Sports Ace

Easy trade to make.

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree with making the deal. Take the healthy body who is performing well.

I'm wondering how you still have an offer sitting there from a month ago?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Kind of a douche move to take advantage of a stale deal, but if the other GM is ******ed enough not to pull it, then I can't fault you really.

The deal's a steal. Andy's probably at least 2-3 weeks away from playing, and even then, who knows what shape he'll be in and how long he'll stay for.

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of a douche move to take advantage of a stale deal, but if the other GM is ******ed enough not to pull it, then I can't fault you really.

The deal's a steal. Andy's probably at least 2-3 weeks away from playing, and even then, who knows what shape he'll be in and how long he'll stay for.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

the other owner was tanking for next year from the get go. His other G's are fleury, niemi, lehtonen, so he would be getting an upgrade in Anderson for next year. It's more of a strategic move for him than a for getting pts.

but thanks for the input. I was leaning that way, but wasn't sure if I should wait it out to see what happens.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart