Thread: Crazy goalie trade?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Crazy goalie trade?

I'm in first place and doing just fine. But I win every year by thinking 4-6 weeks in advance, but I think that's what I need to do with my goaltending situation right now. One year league, see roster and cats below.

Helly has not risen to the clear #1, nor has he been consistent. And Budaj has not hurt me, but he could be irrelevant in 6 weeks when Quick comes back. So I'm looking at the owner who has Quick on IR. He also has Lundqvist, Rinne and Miller. Lundqvist and Rinne are probably at the bottom of their value right now, right? Would it be crazy to try to trade him Budaj and maybe one skater (Backes? Hoffman? Forsberg?) for Lundqvuist or Rinne? Their stats are virtually the same, but I'd probably want Lundqvist over Rinne. I figure that he might budge because he's sucking wind in our league, and Budaj will give him a good handcuff for Quick. The guy doesn't have a single skater that I'd want on my roster, so maybe he'll bite on the idea of getting someone who'll give him some points. Plus, when Letang comes off IR I am going to need a roster spot, so someone needs to go and I get zero in return unless someone on my roster gets hurt between now and then. And Budaj is actually worth more to him than to me. Good idea? I just want to be in a good position in March when Quick is healthy.

Thanks!
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

I...am your father.

Default Re: Crazy goalie trade?

Worth a shot, he may bite. Take whichever goalie he gives up. Don't trade Forsberg in that package though imo
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by jimc21 View Post
    I win every year by thinking 4-6 weeks in advance.
    My hero!

Your skills are impressive! Tell me, by thinking 4-6 weeks in advance land you Crosby, Price, Tarasenko, Karlsson?

Please O' Great Lord of Awesomeness, enlighten me on how your advanced mind wins every year?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Run! View Post
    My hero!

Your skills are impressive! Tell me, by thinking 4-6 weeks in advance land you Crosby, Price, Tarasenko, Karlsson?

Please O' Great Lord of Awesomeness, enlighten me on how your advanced mind wins every year?
    Sure, Runt. I can do without the sarcasm, but since you asked... I traded for Crosby when he was going on IR with a concussion and it was not clear whether he'd miss a major chunk of the season or not. Gave up Toews, Rinne and Duchene. That's a long term investment. Drafted Price and Karlsson with my first two picks. Taraseko came in a trade for Draisaitl and Eberle, one of whom needed to be dropped anyway because Pasternak (a FA pickup) was coming back off IR. I might have given up too much in Draisaitl, but adding Eberle cinched the trade because the owner lives in EDM and couldn't resist. (I still think Drai will come back to earth and I'm quite happy with Tank). I picked up Schultz a few nights before Letang got dinged, and Hoffman and Barkov just before they got hot. But it's largely due to the advice I get on this forum from guys like Eskimo Brother, Axeman33, LakeSoup, Horrorfan, Dobber and others who are glad to give you great advice without derisive comments.
    IR+

The Great One

I don't think you'll be able to get Lundqvist for Budaj and a marginal staker; just a hunch. I know I wouldn't take that deal.

And with Letang on IR+, anyone you are trading with should know that you are keen to do a 2 for 1.

Unless your opponent GMs are a bit dim witted, I just don't think you are offering enough to acquire an elite goalie.

Dobber Sports Stud

That may be true, als_revenge. I'm going to take a shot at it with Budaj + Hoffman. The one and only skater on his roster who ranks higher than ANY of my guys is Saad. And there are 9 guys on my team rated higher than him. So I think he's going to be desperate for scoring help, and Budaj is more valuable to him than to me. With Budaj he'll get every LAK start no matter how long it takes for Quick to get up to speed. So it might just help us both in the long run. It all depends on what happens with Quick. But since he has kept him shelved in his only IR slot for the whole season, he clearly wants to bank on Quick's return. You never know until you try! And he's in 8th place... Larkin and Ladd are waiver fodder and he'd be glad to have Hoffman instead of one of those stiffs.
    IR+

Dobber Sports All-Star

Let us know how it goes.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It's not crazy in a one year league.
    H2H 14 team, 19-man roster, limited keeper (draft round matters). G / A / P / PPP / PIM / FW / BS // W / SV / GAA. My greatest wish: that Yahoo would offer DEF as a category.

Dobber Sports Initiate

isn't Quick not due back until late Feb/early March?

The Great One

I think you'll have more luck with Hoffman than Backes but the premise is right imo
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Giant

As Dobber says, go for either tender but avoid dealing Forsberg. If you get Lundy (better of the 2 IMO), I assume Raanta is a FA just in case something happens?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay