Thread: Montour or Pulock

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Montour or Pulock

Concerning both this year and beyond, who would you rather own: Montour or Pulock?
    Weekly matchup, 10-teams, 25 man roster, play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters
    W (3), S/O (5), each save (0.2), each GA (-1)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Montour or Pulock

Pulock for me. Not because I think he's necessarily better, he just has less traffic in front of him. Theodore struggles to get playing time himself, and he's ahead of Montour. Pulock has less competition down the road.

Montour needs a few trades to happen before he is a viable fantasy option. The kid looks great in the AHL this year though.

- - - Updated - - -

Pulock for me. Not because I think he's necessarily better, he just has less traffic in front of him. Theodore struggles to get playing time himself, and he's ahead of Montour. Pulock has less competition down the road.

Montour needs a few trades to happen before he is a viable fantasy option. The kid looks great in the AHL this year though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

I can see Pulock benefiting from the eventual coaching change. Might not happen for another 10-15 years it seems but whenever that happens he'll get more of a chance!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I also say Pulock in the short term, and more or less a crapshoot long-term.

Dobber Sports Legend

Montour.

Screw short-term IMO. Mountor is going to be so much better long-term it'll be worth the wait.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like Montour. Anaheim will be trading away a D man this year and they may very well lose one in the expansion draft. They can afford to though.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Tfan5211 View Post
    I like Montour. Anaheim will be trading away a D man this year and they may very well lose one in the expansion draft. They can afford to though.
    We've been saying this for like 6 years.

Dobber Sports Master

How things change in 5 months... Pulock and Montour both dominated the AHL. Montour's rise was quicker, with less time spent in any league, but Pulock still played near a point per game in a year where he broke his foot and had to play on what was a pretty rough Bridgeport squad. Considering he was a plus player on that crummy team to me is impressive. His skating isn't as good as Montour's though. He has a better point shot, but skating may be the better weapon for production at the pro level. It certainly is at 5x5.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    We've been saying this for like 6 years.
    it seems as though this will be the year? trade one or lose one.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    it seems as though this will be the year? trade one or lose one.
    Maybe next year...

Dobber Sports Jedi

if this is for your league in sig.. I would prefer Pulock. He's going to give you points from blks, hits that Montour never will. Pulock also having a big point shot, I'd take him to out goal Montour most years - the goal bonus makes me want Pulock in this set up.

Montour is a lot craftier from the point, I suspect he'll out-assist Pulock annually, but Pulock will have other ways to provide you with fantasy points

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    if this is for your league in sig.. I would prefer Pulock. He's going to give you points from blks, hits that Montour never will. Pulock also having a big point shot, I'd take him to out goal Montour most years - the goal bonus makes me want Pulock in this set up.

Montour is a lot craftier from the point, I suspect he'll out-assist Pulock annually, but Pulock will have other ways to provide you with fantasy points
    So straight total points only, seems like you prefer Montour? Goals are a lot harder to score than assists.. if the difference ends up being 3-5 pts between them, I'll consider them equal.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Maybe next year...
    lol I'm with you... look at the Preds. Nothing says you can't have an awesome top 4... except they have to find a way to keep paying those expensive forwards named Getzlaf and Perry.. Can't have both... Go salary cap!
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    So straight total points only, seems like you prefer Montour? Goals are a lot harder to score than assists.. if the difference ends up being 3-5 pts between them, I'll consider them equal.
    if this were g 1 a 1... I'd probably go Montour.

but if it is for the league in his sig. I'd go Pulock because Pulock is going to provide him with more fantasy points 100 hits = 20pts vs. 30 hits = 6pts same for blocks. Goals being 4pts, Assists 2.5 - Pulock likely cuts any overall point advantage Montour has from assists. This format, I want Pulock.