Thread: Halak

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Halak

This guy has been a wasted roster spot lately in my one-year league, he's my 3rd goalie behind Dubnyk and Allen. I've held on this long, but I'm losing patience despite there not being any decent options on the wire.....thinking about dropping him and just using my 4 weekly moves to stream back-ups as necessary.

Is there any reason to hold onto this guy? I know there have been rumblings about a trade, but I can't wait till the trade deadline with this 3-goalie circus in Brooklyn.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Halak

I dropped in a few days ago. Time to move on.
    12 team - 12 keeper Dynasty league H2H
    --------------------------------------------------
    Stats : G A PTS +\- PPP SOG FOW Hits, Blocks, Wins GAA save % Shutout

LW: Gaudreau, Domi, RNH
    C: Mackinnon, Point, Getzlaf
    RW: Kane, Aho, Donato
    D: Hedmen, Subban, Krug, Nurse, Gustafsson

Goalie : Vasilevskiy, Bennington

Dobber Sports Titan

Dropped him a month ago. Running with Dubnyk and Smith plus an extra forward with the spot. Working fairly well so far.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    I can't wait till the trade deadline with this 3-goalie circus in Brooklyn.
    It's a joke, right? Shows you how dysfunctional the Isles organization is. They have kept Berube for two seasons now and he has exactly 10 games played. Absurd. I bet Halak cant wait to get out of that dump.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Where would he get traded to? It's a buyer's market for goalies, with guys like Bishop and Fleury available. Don't see a real cup contender needing him.
    H2H 14 team, 19-man roster, limited keeper (draft round matters). G / A / P / PPP / PIM / FW / BS // W / SV / GAA. My greatest wish: that Yahoo would offer DEF as a category.

The Great One

A nice win last night and from the bits I saw he looked like he played well... I suppose the weirder thing was him starting after Greiss had stopped 76 of his last 79 (which earnt him a day in the stands as a Berube backed up). He has the ability to go on a run of relevance but as a Halak owner even I can't advocate keeping him based on that if you have other options on how to use the spot 'well'
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Master

theres just no market for halak due to the 1 year remaining - if he was on expiring deal I bet they could have moved him to lak / retained some salary .

I'm annoyed with the isles in many ways including the 3 goalies but in defence to Snow Halak has had groin problems throughout his career so Berube is there for insurance .

- - - Updated - - -

theres just no market for halak due to the 1 year remaining - if he was on expiring deal I bet they could have moved him to lak / retained some salary .

I'm annoyed with the isles in many ways including the 3 goalies but in defence to Snow Halak has had groin problems throughout his career so Berube is there for insurance .