Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vasy, Gibson or Helly Long-term

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Vasy, Gibson or Helly Long-term

Which goalie do you prefer long-term? I currently own Price, Gibson and Helly. I can only hold 1 goalie but can't hold Price. I can acquire Vasy for Marner.
    [size=1]13 Team Keeper - Hold 10 (1 G max) - Hold salary dictates draft pick forfeited
    Scoring Cats (Equally Weighted): G,A,+/-,PIM,Hits,Blks,W,GAA,SV%
    Start 9F,5D,2G
    F: M.Tkachuk,B.Tkachuk,Svechnikov,Meier,J.Hughes,McTa vish,Jarvis,Johnston, Keller,Tuch,Crouse,Knies
    D: Heiskanen,LeTang,Sergachev,Power,Trouba,Provorov,M intyukov
    G: Helleybuck,Vasilevskiy,Jarry,Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Vasy, Gibson or Helly Long-term

For me it is:

Vasi

Hellebuyck
    Gibson

I think Vasi has the most talent, and that TB is the team with the best chance of being dominant over the next 5-10 years. I like both of the other guys, but not nearly as much.

Would Marner be a keeper for you if you went with Helly or Gibson? If not, then I would acquire Vasi. If you can keep Marner then maybe I'd be tempted to go with Helly...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Vasi
    Gibson

Hellebuyck
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    Vasi
    Gibson

Hellebuyck
    Interesting. Care to provide some rationale?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Vasi because is team is good and still young and his time is coming.

Gibson, good goalie but the Ducks are aging fast.

Helle, simply don't like his technique, the way he is positionning himself in the crease,...don't think he is that good...
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

In your situation, I keep Hellebuyck, because Marner + Hellebuyck > Vasilevsky + whomever you downgrade your keeper to, for me.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Vasi because is team is good and still young and his time is coming.

Gibson, good goalie but the Ducks are aging fast.

Helle, simply don't like his technique, the way he is positionning himself in the crease,...don't think he is that good...
    Thanks for the explanation. It is a valid opinion, I just was curious to hear more because Dobber has Hellebuyck ranked the highest out of the three in his Top 100 Keeper League Goalies, and he is the only one who is rated Tier 1, so it surprised me to see you rating him so far below the other two.

Dobber Sports Deity

Vasi
    Gibson

Hellebuyck
    This is my order as well although I dont think I'd have a big gap between Gibson and Hellebuyck.

For me I think TB is building something long term and Vasilevskiy is going to be a huge part of it.

I dont look at Anaheim and see an aging team. Sure their key parts are older than us fantasy guys like to own but in real life, those key guys are still going to be around for years. The difference between Gibson and Hellebuyck comes down to the defense in front of them. I much prefer what Anaheim is building on the back end compared to Winnipeg. I dont see Trouba there long term and they are investing in scoring more than their backend. I guess I just prefer Anaheim building from the backend out with their future more than the Jets.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This is my order as well although I dont think I'd have a big gap between Gibson and Hellebuyck.

For me I think TB is building something long term and Vasilevskiy is going to be a huge part of it.

I dont look at Anaheim and see an aging team. Sure their key parts are older than us fantasy guys like to own but in real life, those key guys are still going to be around for years. The difference between Gibson and Hellebuyck comes down to the defense in front of them. I much prefer what Anaheim is building on the back end compared to Winnipeg. I dont see Trouba there long term and they are investing in scoring more than their backend. I guess I just prefer Anaheim building from the backend out with their future more than the Jets.
    Well reasoned. I don't have a problem with that ordering, with less of a gap between Gibson and Hellebuyck. Great point regarding Anaheim's defense.

As long as Vasi is #1, I don't have a huge preference between the next two. Gibson's past bandaid boy status is the tiebreaker for me, but he is doing a good job of minimizing that concern this year.

The Great One

When you consider the price to acquire Vasy I'd probably prefer Gibson or Helly. Personally I go Gibson as he is further down the development path but based on future value it has to be Helly as everyone is so high on the Jets - I would just probably keep him and trade him post draft as I think you could get a nice return on him (and I'm not convinced I'd want to keep him if there is a trade market there for him)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    When you consider the price to acquire Vasy I'd probably prefer Gibson or Helly. Personally I go Gibson as he is further down the development path but based on future value it has to be Helly as everyone is so high on the Jets - I would just probably keep him and trade him post draft as I think you could get a nice return on him (and I'm not convinced I'd want to keep him if there is a trade market there for him)
    I would agree with Sulla here.

My 2cents would be
    ANA has aging forwards, but they have a solid group of D (which, I'd expect to be pretty solid) So, Gibson should be ok.
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Initiate

I have Hellebuyck over Vas - clearer future on Winnipeg and not high on Vas. Still both young and very close, but need the Tampa situation cleared up before I get behind Vas. In my keeper the owner of Vas was shopping him and was not much interest...

Time will tell...
    Scooter
    -------------------------------------------------
    C - Hughes (C/LW), Mackinnon (C), Ek (C),
    LW - Stutzle (LW), Raymond (LW/RW), Joshua (C/LW)
    RW - Rantanen (RW), Giouroux (C/RW). Bjorkstrand (RW), Mantha (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Makar, Seider, L Hughes, Matheson, Faber
    G - Saros, Levi, Luukkonen
    IR -
    -------------------------------------------------
    12 team league - 19 on Roster (+4 IR)
    8 keepers, 5 bench, Weekly H2H league,
    11 cat's G,A,PPP,+/-,SOG,PIM,GWG,Hits & W,SV%,GAA
    2 Start at C, LW,RW and G and 4 D.
    55 Moves Regular Season (re-set to 8 for Play-Offs)
    Daily Line-Up Changes[/SIZE][/FONT]

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    For me it is:

Vasi

Hellebuyck
    Gibson

I think Vasi has the most talent, and that TB is the team with the best chance of being dominant over the next 5-10 years. I like both of the other guys, but not nearly as much.

Would Marner be a keeper for you if you went with Helly or Gibson? If not, then I would acquire Vasi. If you can keep Marner then maybe I'd be tempted to go with Helly...

And if you can't keep Marner, I'd try to get Vasilevskiy.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Pro

Vas / Helly

Gibson.

Anaheim is an aging team and will be on a full on rebuild very soon. Also Gibson has struggled when given the chance to be a #1, even Bernier has pushed him at times this year although he is likely to continue as #1 there.

Helly & Vasi I think are on par, but since you have to give up an asset to land Vasi and you already have Helly I would just keep Helly.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports All-Star

As of right now I think Vas and Helli are a wash as well. Really depends to a large part on how well the teams in front of them perform in the years to come.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen