Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will Debrincat make an impact next year?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Will Debrincat make an impact next year?

Yes, DeBrincat can play in the AHL next season. Chicago could send him back to junior for his overage season but that's highly doubtful since he has nothing left to prove there.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    Actually Axe I'm pretty sure you're wrong. Although DeBrincat was drafted in 2016 he was born in 1997 so he is eligible for the AHL next season, as he will be turning 20 before Dec 31, 2017.
    Roger!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

I think the odds of him playing next year in Chicago are very slim. Debrincat was invisible in this year's camp and he whatever the reason, he didn't make the US National team. Two years from now is more reasonable but overall I am not nearly as optimistic as some.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for the imput guys!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the imput guys!
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Sage

A lot of people on here forget how much of a role politics play in the sport of hockey.

I'd put my money on three things not yet mentioned here over any other reason he didn't make the team.

#1. He got a shot last year and totally blew it. 5 GP, 1 point, 25 PIMs. He blew his chance right then and there.
    #2. He snubbed the USHL and USA Hockey to play in the OHL. He doesn't have the history Bracco has had with the USHL.
    #3. There isn't enough room for all of the small skilled guys they invited out to play for that team. They chose Keller (and others) as the go-to guy on the top line and #1 PP over him (it's not surprising, he is a more highly ranked young American player and they believe he (Bracco, et al who've shown some loyalty) are the ones worth putting experience points into).

As well, it is not secret that USA Hockey has always had antiquated thinking when it comes to putting a team together and running 2 top lines and 2 bottom lines and, like Russia, they snub players playing in a league outside of their own country - and reward loyalty to the motherland.

As far as making an impact, I think it is all up to him. He has all the tools and potential in the world. Just a matter of giving him some time to adapt at the pro level and making his own impact.

I'd say he is two years out from some big league game time and three years out from making any sort of noticeable impact at the NHL level.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    A lot of people on here forget how much of a role politics play in the sport of hockey.

I'd put my money on three things not yet mentioned here over any other reason he didn't make the team.

#1. He got a shot last year and totally blew it. 5 GP, 1 point, 25 PIMs. He blew his chance right then and there.
    #2. He snubbed the USHL and USA Hockey to play in the OHL. He doesn't have the history Bracco has had with the USHL.
    #3. There isn't enough room for all of the small skilled guys they invited out to play for that team. They chose Keller (and others) as the go-to guy on the top line and #1 PP over him (it's not surprising, he is a more highly ranked young American player and they believe he (Bracco, et al who've shown some loyalty) are the ones worth putting experience points into).

As well, it is not secret that USA Hockey has always had antiquated thinking when it comes to putting a team together and running 2 top lines and 2 bottom lines and, like Russia, they snub players playing in a league outside of their own country - and reward loyalty to the motherland.

As far as making an impact, I think it is all up to him. He has all the tools and potential in the world. Just a matter of giving him some time to adapt at the pro level and making his own impact.

I'd say he is two years out from some big league game time and three years out from making any sort of noticeable impact at the NHL level.
    I hope this is right. Helped me decide to move him last night in a deal that makes me more relevant now.