Thread: Fleury for Vasilevskiy?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Fleury for Vasilevskiy?

So a clever GM in my league snagged Vasilevskiy off waivers right after Bishop went down with an injury, and is now trying to flip him and a 6th to me for Fleury and a 4th

I drafted Fleury hoping he would re-establish himself as the starter, with Murray injured to start the year. It hasn't played out that way and it feels like waiting for the Penguins to trade him is risky. That said, as far as I know it's still Bishop's crease in Tampa when he gets back and Vasilevskiy is no guarantee himself. Combine that with the glut of injuries in Tampa at the moment, and he may not even do much winning.

FA goalies at the moment are Anderson, Budaj, Ward, Schneider, Lehtonen & Niemi, Mrazek, Lehner, Smith, Pickard, Miller, Markstrom. We only count wins and shutouts and have 1 goalie slot each, which explains why some biggish names are available.

So what's your advice? Do I do this trade? Do I pick someone else up at G and drop somebody?
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Fleury for Vasilevskiy?

I like Budaj. Plus he is free. In a start one G league you shouldnt be wasting a spot on Fleury at this time. Future-wise, a Keep 4/Start 1 G format is going to have plenty of quality goaltending available to draft, so unless you are sold that Vasilevsky is a for-sure top 5 goalie starting next year it might not be necessary to make this deal.

Dobber Sports Deity

I honestly believe that both Fleury and Vasilevskiy will both be starters next year. Vasilevskiy in TB and Fluery somewhere..... Both should get similar amount of starts the rest of this year.

I'd hold Fleury assuming neither would be a keeper for you anyway.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with the above, in that Fleury and Vasilevskiy will likely be equivalent commodities the rest of the season. However, of the two, Vasilevskiy has the best chance to far surpass those expectations. He very well could steal the job over the next month, and at that point in time, if I'm Tampa Bay, I might not want to risk another Bishop injury and therefore trade him in advance of the trade deadline (IF that is even their plan, versus holding onto him for a Cup run). If/when Vas assumes full control of the starting position, he enters into keeper territory in my books, whereas I do not see Fleury being a keeper. From that standpoint alone, I would be tempted to make this trade.

Dobber Sports Superstar

My pick is to grab Budaj or Mrazak. They both will be getting starts in the near future.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Ninja

Agreed with the others... pick up Budaj.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Wins & shutouts is the perfect format for Fleury, but I'd still take Mrazek or Budaj (for now) over him.

However, I would be very willing to make that deal to upgrade Fleury to Vasilaevkly, because I think he will be worth way more than a 2 round pick downgrade in a month.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

A clever GM would have grabbed him long before Bishop went down.
    14 team, H2H, Keeper League (Goals, Assists, PPP, Hits, Blocks, GWG, GAA, SV%, SO, Wins)

L: Huberdeau, Kaprizov, J Robertson, E Kane, Knies,
    C: Barkov, Hischier, Zegras, Scheifele, Rossi
    R: Marner, Caulfield, P Kane, Raymond
    D: Sargechev, Makar, Power, Chychrun, L Schenn, Jiricek
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Saros,

Dobber Sports Initiate

As a Vas owner, it's been tough sledding with this guy of late. I know the team has been banged up but you think that they'd get a shot in the arm with Kutch and Palat returning tonight. Too bad neither of them play defense...or goalie.