Thread: Bishop or Schneider in a keeper. Who do you want?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Bishop or Schneider in a keeper. Who do you want?

2 points for a win. 5 points for shutout. And where does Talbot rate among them?
    1st teamC: S. Aho, E. Malkin, W. Karllson, B. Nelson
    LW: B. Marchand, A. Ovechkin, J. Zucker, N. Niederreiter, A. Svechnikov,

RW: D. Perron, J. Kyrou, C. Keller, D. Strome, T. Toffoli, C. Perfetti,
    D: j. Carlson, D. Hamilton, R. Andersson, F. Hronek,J. Spurgeon
    G: , C. Hellybuck, J. Ottinger, A. Vasilevskiy

2nd team
    C: E. Lindholm, J. Pavelski, JT Miller, R. Johansen, A. Killorn, B. Jenner(IR)

LW: , B. Marchand, A. Mangiapane, T. Toffoli, J. Gaudreau

RW: P. Kane, Pasta, D. Perron, T. Wilson, N. Schmaltz, M. Tkackuk
    D: J. Carlson, A. Pietriangelo, C. McAvoy, N. Schmidt, J. Trouba, J. Morrissey
    G: J. Markstrom, C. Hellybuyck, T. Jarry

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Bishop or Schneider in a keeper. Who do you want?

Schneider has, thus far, played 75% of the games for New Jersey. Using that number, he has another 37 starts left. Has has won 37.5% of his games, so that gives him another 19 wins left this season. Throw in two shutouts, and I would project him to have about 48 points left this season for you.

Bishop is a harder one to do, now that we know he is injured AND because Vasilevskiy is a very real threat to take over, and run with, the starting job over the next month. Four weeks from now, Tampa Bay will have 35 games left on the schedule. Now, ASSUMING Bishop is out those four weeks, and ASSUMING that he gets to resume control of the crease (60% of remaining starts at that point, is my guess if that happens), then give him 21 more starts, let's call it 14 wins and 2 shutouts = 38 points.

So, for this season, I want Schneider.

In a keeper going forward, that's a lot tougher. I think we can safely assume that Bishop will be gone, and he will not be going to a team as strong as Tampa Bay currently is. But what calibre of team are we looking at? If it's the Stars, then that's not a terrible fit for your fantasy scoring. If it's Las Vegas, then that's worse than New Jersey is for Schneider. Given his injury history, and the uncertainty of his future, and that the Devils cannot possibly get any worse (not that they'll necessarily get notably better anytime soon), I think that I would lean to Schneider over Bishop.

Where does Talbot fit? Well, he's on a team that is rising in the standings, and should continue their ascent over the next couple of years. He's got job security, no injury concerns, and there aren't any peripheral stats (SV%, GAA) in your scoring that would hurt him for you. I think that of the three, he would be my top choice.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the in-depth analysis. That all makes perfect sense. Talbot would be the goalie I was receiving in the trade of either Bishop or Schneider. Just couldn't figure out which one to keep of the two.

2nd team

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What he said!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Easily Schneider for me. Bishop's situation is unknown with the upcoming expansion draft. I like Talbot, especially as an Oiler fan, but would easily take Schneider over those other two tenders.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just for an update on this thread. I ended up trading with a different owner. I owned both Bishop and Schneider and was looking to upgrade by using Stamkos. If I added another goalie, I would have to drop a goalie from my team as I am only able to have 3 on my rostor. I started with Hellybuck, Bishop, and Schneider. Hellybuck is doing well for me and I like his youth and never really thought about trading him. Anyways, I traded Stamkos and Bishop for Rask and Landeskog. I currently in 4th place, trying to move up and hopefully Rask will help with that.

2nd team

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Good trade
    H2H 14 team, 19-man roster, limited keeper (draft round matters). G / A / P / PPP / PIM / FW / BS // W / SV / GAA. My greatest wish: that Yahoo would offer DEF as a category.

Dobber Sports Ninja

You used Stamkos as "trade bait" to get rid of Bishop and upgrade in goal? Oh man...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    You used Stamkos as "trade bait" to get rid of Bishop and upgrade in goal? Oh man...
    I'm with Blayze. Maybe not the best idea.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)