Thread: Drop Talbot or Mason for Vasilevskiy ?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Question Drop Talbot or Mason for Vasilevskiy ?

Hi,

In the event that Bishop as a long term injury, should I pick up Vas and drop one between Talbot or Mason ?

I'm thinking to drop Mason however is Vas a big upgrade vs Talbot ..for this year only ?

Thx!
    Head to Head Limited Keepers (keep 2fwd + 1Def + 1goalie)
    12 teams, play:8f,4d,2g,5b
    G (1.5) -A-PPP-SHP - +-(0.5) -W(2) + SO(3)

F: Barkov - Seguin - Kopitar - Johansen - Keller - Gourde - Drouin - Perron - Atkinson - Gusev - Zucker - Hayes

D- Karslon - Fowler - Ghost - Nurse

G- Price - Kumper - Hutton

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Drop Talbot or Mason for Vasilevskiy ?

Wait and see on Bishop's injury.
    I would hold for now though as you have two solid starters on playoff teams.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

The injury is reported as being 3-4 weeks. Over this next month, I would expect him to have more value than both Talbot and Mason. In a month's time, he may have put on a strong enough showing that he could be a very valuable trading chip in your keep 1 goalie league. Of course, he might not steal the show, go back to being a backup for the rest of the season, and you've lost either Talbot or Mason.

The highest upside thing for you to do is to pick up Vasilevskiy.
    The safest thing for you to do is to hold off.

Your team looks very strong, and since you'll be keeping Price over Vasilevskiy anyway, I think that, while my heart says to pick him up, my head says to hold off.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Check out how hot Mason has been over the last 10 gp. 8-1-1, only 2 games with GA of more than 2 (5, 3). Five games with a SV% of 0.938 or higher including tonights win against the Caps. Guy's on fire right now. I'd drop Talbot if you want Vasilevskiy.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

I wouldn't drop your guys for Vasi... not worth it even if he gets the entire month.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would grab him & drop Sedin, unless you are limited to 3 goalies.

If that's the case, I would try and deal Talbot or Mason plus someone (Malkin?)for an upgrade elsewhere, and do grab him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.