Thread: Maroon chokes up watching his son celebrate the goal he scored

I...am your father.

Default Maroon chokes up watching his son celebrate the goal he scored

In case you missed this one going around Twitter - very real, very human. I love this clip

The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Maroon chokes up watching his son celebrate the goal he scored

Almost made me choke up myself when I saw it live. Dude loves his family.

We often see these guys as robots whenever they do their cookie cutter hockey interviews... refreshing to see a professional athlete show his human side like that.

Dobber Sports Veteran

A lot of kids grow up dreaming of playing in the NHL. Yet the older I've gotten, and now with a family of my own, I've found myself thinking just how much time these guys spend on the road -- or even away from "home" altogether if they're a little older and get traded but don't want to uproot the family. I can only imagine how difficult that would be, and then to do your best to tune it out entirely on a nightly basis to perform while under a microscope.

There are obvious perks to being a professional athlete, but a good reminder that there often are downsides to being one of the select few who live out that dream.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    A lot of kids grow up dreaming of playing in the NHL. Yet the older I've gotten, and now with a family of my own, I've found myself thinking just how much time these guys spend on the road -- or even away from "home" altogether if they're a little older and get traded but don't want to uproot the family. I can only imagine how difficult that would be, and then to do your best to tune it out entirely on a nightly basis to perform while under a microscope.

There are obvious perks to being a professional athlete, but a good reminder that there often are downsides to being one of the select few who live out that dream.
    I'm with you 100%. It's potentially very lucrative but for me the downside of this lifestyle outweighs the money. No interest in living that kind of life. Plus if you really want to be the best at what you do you can make a lot of money doing just about anything.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

What a Maroon! Love that guy.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket