Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jack Capuano needs to be let go...

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Jack Capuano needs to be let go...

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    but he had a "better" team last year and they were still calling for his head? He was listed as #6 as top candidates to be fired in 2014-15 in a list i looked at this morning, albeit it was a CBS list, but still..

yes hes had a brutal team to work with, but its obvious to me anyway that the players have stopped listening. I've never heard of a complete gutting and rebuilding to save the job of one coach, so you cannot simply change the players....
    ledecky attends most games at barclays and apparently most road games too . i'm sure he hears the fans frustrations .

hopefully his head hunting for a team president ends sooner than later so the new guy can evaluate the staff

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I think the reason is this: "New York Islanders are Reportedly Interested in Adding a President of Hockey Operations"

They want to add the President of Hockey Ops first so that he can be part of that selection process. The problem is that apparently they've been looking for that person since the summer, so not sure if they'll suddenly find him now.
    hadnt heard this one..but it makes sense i guess..
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    This is what I think a lot of people are missing. Butch is at least mostly on point here IMO. Sure we all know how good JT is. But whats after him? Strome has the talent, but hasn't put it together yet. Lee, Ladd (at this point in his career) are good middle (bottom 2nd liners/ good 3rd liners) options. They have some stuff in the pipeline, but will JT be there when they arrive(Beavillier, barzal etc)?

The Cizikas and Clutterbuck signings are too much(good role guys, good team guys, but too much $ allocated imo).
    Theyre D is ok, but again, nothing imo really stands out as a "star" d guy.
    G meh

Capuano may not be the best coach and frankly, I feel he has not done a good job (not good enough at least), but he also hasn't had the tools either.
    Which is why I believe it'll be a top down firing. Snow first.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4