Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NHL.com/100

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default NHL.com/100

NHL(.com) is opening a microsite to capture and document the 100 years of NHL Hockey: 1917-2017.
    Below is link to an article that sums up some of the planned events & calendar dates of celebration.
    https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-to-laun...al/c-284843770
    The first two official NHL games were 99 years ago today, Dec.19, 1917.

Current photo on temporary website homepage (pretty nice collage):

Eventual site:
    https://www.nhl.com/100

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: NHL.com/100

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that site.

Dobber Sports Immortal

GOnna bring this back from the dead since I believe tonight is the night where they are announcing the 100.

Supposedly only 6 active players are on the list.....which already makes me hate it. Iginla SHOULD be there....but he won't be.

Assuming 3 100000% for sure bets are Sid, Jagr and Ovie.....who are the other 3?

- - - Updated - - -

GOnna bring this back from the dead since I believe tonight is the night where they are announcing the 100.

Supposedly only 6 active players are on the list.....which already makes me hate it. Iginla SHOULD be there....but he won't be.

Assuming 3 100000% for sure bets are Sid, Jagr and Ovie.....who are the other 3?

Dobber Sports Titan

Thronton, Datsyuk (technically active) and... no idea.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If there is 6... Malkin should be there.
    I know he's been in Sid's shadow, but his 1.18 points per game is more than Ovechkin (1.151).
    Jagr has a ppg of 1.147, mind you, he's 83 years old, so I can't imagine what that was at before he turned 30.

I think both Luongo (401w) & Lundqvist (339w, 10th all time GAA, 2nd all time SV%)... have an outside track at being #5 & #6.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Thronton, Datsyuk (technically active) and... no idea.
    I don't think Datsyuk counts. I read Friedman seemed to think Toews AND Kane were on it. Which.....I mean.....

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If there is 6... Malkin should be there.
    I know he's been in Sid's shadow, but his 1.18 points per game is more than Ovechkin (1.151).
    Jagr has a ppg of 1.147, mind you, he's 83 years old, so I can't imagine what that was at before he turned 30.

I think both Luongo (401w) & Lundqvist (339w, 10th all time GAA, 2nd all time SV%)... have an outside track at being #5 & #6.
    With two Stanley Cups, even Jon Quick could sneak in.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I guess the players aren't actually being ranked, just a list of the top 100 players. Although it's tough to rank players from vastly different eras, I'd like to see the NHL give it a try.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Ninja

Jagr
    Sid
    Ovie
    Malkin
    Toews (even though he shouldn't be)
    Kaner

All those guys have either won cups or distinguished themselves with individual greatness (ovie).

I would argue Thornton should be on the list over Toews/Kaner, but I bet he won't be simply because "he's never won nothing" - Torts

Dobber Sports Ace

No Malkin. Lol.

Dobber Sports Immortal

No Malkin, Thornton, Iginla, Chara.....the league has such a boner for the Hawks holy crap.

But yes ...no Malkin is a complete joke.

- - - Updated - - -

No Malkin, Thornton, Iginla, Chara.....the league has such a boner for the Hawks holy crap.

But yes ...no Malkin is a complete joke.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I got to i think 7th or 8th guy on list:

Johnny Bucyk: "Led Big Bad Bruins to two Stanley Cup championships; played 21 seasons in Boston"

I am old enough to remember JB (my dad and Johnny spent a day together once scouting a business deal) and it's clear the selection committee was made up of 100 monkeys. JB didn't lead anyone, that was the Orr-Espo team, Johnny was on 2nd line and benefitted from playing on top PP with two of the greatest players in history, against goalies wearing little padding. A nice player, i liked him, but ahead of Malkin? Absurd.

I would add that there's a lot of emphasis with old guys on cups. I wonder if the selection committee is made up of very young monkeys, because really, in a six-team league if you played in the league for 15 years and weren't on a few cup winners you were an outlier. Even the 12-team league was far greater likelihood...

- - - Updated - - -

I got to i think 7th or 8th guy on list:

Johnny Bucyk: "Led Big Bad Bruins to two Stanley Cup championships; played 21 seasons in Boston"

I am old enough to remember JB (my dad and Johnny spent a day together once scouting a business deal) and it's clear the selection committee was made up of 100 monkeys. JB didn't lead anyone, that was the Orr-Espo team, Johnny was on 2nd line and benefitted from playing on top PP with two of the greatest players in history, against goalies wearing little padding. A nice player, i liked him, but ahead of Malkin? Absurd.

I would add that there's a lot of emphasis with old guys on cups. I wonder if the selection committee is made up of very young monkeys, because really, in a six-team league if you played in the league for 15 years and weren't on a few cup winners you were an outlier. Even the 12-team league was far greater likelihood...
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Giant

no Malkin, Lundy, luongo is a total joke.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    no Malkin, Lundy, luongo is a total joke.
    I still think no Malkin, Thornton, Iginla, Chara is the big joke.

Honestly if you compare Thornton to Sundin....sure Sundin has more points per game but he played in the 90s. Thornton almost has 1000 assists. PLUS...an individual trophy. Sorry to target Sundin I just know this was done by Toronto people so their bias is obvious.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I still think no Malkin, Thornton, Iginla, Chara is the big joke.

Honestly if you compare Thornton to Sundin....sure Sundin has more points per game but he played in the 90s. Thornton almost has 1000 assists. PLUS...an individual trophy. Sorry to target Sundin I just know this was done by Toronto people so their bias is obvious.
    I'm from Toronto and I hate Sundin but he easily deserves to be on the list over Thornton. Look at the guys Thornton's played with in his career vs the guys Sundin played with. Antropov and Ponikarovsky shouldn't have even been in the NHL, the guy had no one to play with and carried the leafs on his back.