Thread: Bishop for Allen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Bishop for Allen

Salary cap keeper league

I am in first with Price and Bishop. Guy wants Bishop.. he has Allen.... I would be asking for more.. but will that kill my chance at a championship or good move considering hes been garbage.
    C: Giroux, Johansen, Schenn
    LW: Forseberg, J Hockey, Patch
    RW: Tara, Radulov, Toffoli
    D: Josi, Werenski,
    Ghost, Keith
    F: Coyle, Ehlers,
    Tkatchuk
    B:
    Konency, Rantanen, Hartnell, Gallagher, Spezza
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Bishop for Allen

I think it's a good move since Bishop and Allen are going different paths this year. Bishop needs a trade to get on track, so he can command the #1 job again, not sure that's happening in-season. Allen barely has a back up on the bench, let alone a challenger for his job.

Allen has been outperforming Bishop this year and I'd take Allen and the extra 10 or so starts he'll give you this year over Bishop. Allen is more like next years Vasil or Helle. the jobs his, he's owning it. I would make that move 1-1 this year and if you can get more out of it... SQUEEEZE!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I think it's a good move since Bishop and Allen are going different paths this year. Bishop needs a trade to get on track, so he can command the #1 job again, not sure that's happening in-season. Allen barely has a back up on the bench, let alone a challenger for his job.

Allen has been outperforming Bishop this year and I'd take Allen and the extra 10 or so starts he'll give you this year over Bishop. Allen is more like next years Vasil or Helle. the jobs his, he's owning it. I would make that move 1-1 this year and if you can get more out of it... SQUEEEZE!
    Boom goes the dynamite!!!!!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I feel Bishop is a bit more talented, but Allen's situation, cap hit, and age trump that. I'd make the deal for this year, and figure you get an asset which is more easily dealt with value in the future. I would probably look to deal Allen in the offseason, with the pending coaching change.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Stevegamer sums it up for me...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.