Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nolan Patrick

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Nolan Patrick

Hey,

So I have the eventual 1st overall pick ( Nolan Patrick)

should I deal the pick for Jost and Chychryn?
    C: Giroux, Johansen, Schenn
    LW: Forseberg, J Hockey, Patch
    RW: Tara, Radulov, Toffoli
    D: Josi, Werenski,
    Ghost, Keith
    F: Coyle, Ehlers,
    Tkatchuk
    B:
    Konency, Rantanen, Hartnell, Gallagher, Spezza
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Nolan Patrick

I wouldn't.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Icon

Acquire Jost and Chychrun for the #1 pick in 2017? Absolutely. I prefer Tyson Jost over Nolan Patrick. Getting an 18 year old NHL dmen on top of that makes it an absolute steal for you. The 2017 NHL draft is likely going to be one of the worst drafts in recent history.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    The 2017 NHL draft is likely going to be one of the worst drafts in recent history.
    Well there goes Bennings sure-fire playbook.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think that's a sell low on the #1 pick TBH.. Patricks' missed most of the season. I'd wait and wait and wait until much closer to the draft to make that kind of trade. Even if you still move it, once he comes back and starts racking up points - the offers will get better.

I pump Jost's tires pretty huge on here, love this kid... but I'd take Patrick over him. Jost wouldn't be taken over Patrick if they were in the same draft year.

Decline that offer, hold the pick and wait for real juicy one's to come.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I think that's a sell low on the #1 pick TBH.. Patricks' missed most of the season. I'd wait and wait and wait until much closer to the draft to make that kind of trade. Even if you still move it, once he comes back and starts racking up points - the offers will get better.

I pump Jost's tires pretty huge on here, love this kid... but I'd take Patrick over him. Jost wouldn't be taken over Patrick if they were in the same draft year.

Decline that offer, hold the pick and wait for real juicy one's to come.
    I agree with this. Someone will overpay for the 1st overall pick. This offer isn't an overpayment at all. It might be a fair offer in some leagues but you should be able to get more closer to the draft.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I agree with this. Someone will overpay for the 1st overall pick. This offer isn't an overpayment at all. It might be a fair offer in some leagues but you should be able to get more closer to the draft.
    Agree x2.

I love Jost and don't hate Chychrun but the hype surrounding the 1st overall pick has value in itself, never mind the hype surrounding Nolan Patrick. You should squeeze more value out of it as the draft approaches and all the panels begin to drool over this years crop of draft eligible stars.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Wizard

Forget about someone overpaying. Patrick is the best player here. There was a reason Jost dropped to 10th while Patrick is projected to go #1.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Forget about someone overpaying. Patrick is the best player here. There was a reason Jost dropped to 10th while Patrick is projected to go #1.
    Not all draft classes are exactly the same. Scouts have said that Patrick wouldn't have cracked the top-4 in 2016 and would have gone anywhere from #5 to #10. Jost could have easily gone #5 if Vancouver needed a player like him. Besides, Jost was playing on a lesser league during his draft year which scared away some teams. But he has squashed all those concerns this year.

William Nylander and Nikolaj Ehlers also dropped to #8 and #9 in 2014 but how much worse are they than the #1 pick Ekblad? Or even the 2013 1st overall MacKinnon? (Not even going to mention Yakupov here.) Or the 2011 1st overall pick Nugent-Hopkins?

I'm not saying Jost is better than Patrick, I'm just saying that draft position is not everything (especially on different years), and that the difference between the two of them isn't huge.

Dobber Sports Stud

some good points above. draft position doesn't mean anything (dubois would probably be number 1 this year over patrick, or it would at least be very close), but patrick is still better than jost. some scouts have patrick as a franchise center (button), so see him as a really good #2. either way, that's no worse than jost, who is probably a really good #2 himself. jost is gonna be one of those players who are way more valuable in real life than in fantasy.

if you'd compare what we think of jost now to what we thought of rnh in his draft year, for example, it's really close. rnh would probably win out, but everyone was saying at that time that there was no first line talent at the top of that draft.
    yakupov is not a good example, as he is just simply a bust. with the proper development, he would have been a first line player. remember the slogan, fail for nail. and remember that grigorenko was thought of as the second best prospect that year. could u imagine how bad that draft would have been thought of if that happened! it's already bad enough.
    another thought regarding the yakupov draft: for a good laugh, go back and listen to pierre mcguire and gord miller when either he or ryan murray (i think it's murray) are walking up to the podium. mcguire makes a comment as to how the jackets were happy to fall to #2 (remember, they lost the draft lottery to edmonton that year) since they didn't want to take a russian first overall (after getting burned by them in the past). miller is just totally caught off guard by that statement, since everyone assumed they were upset at falling to #2 cuz everyone thought yak was gonna be a superstar. his reaction is really funny. and in hindsight, mcguire was right on! although galchenyuk, forsberg, lindholm and rielly are the top players to come out of that draft, and murray is a step way below them.

- - - Updated - - -

some good points above. draft position doesn't mean anything (dubois would probably be number 1 this year over patrick, or it would at least be very close), but patrick is still better than jost. some scouts have patrick as a franchise center (button), so see him as a really good #2. either way, that's no worse than jost, who is probably a really good #2 himself. jost is gonna be one of those players who are way more valuable in real life than in fantasy.

if you'd compare what we think of jost now to what we thought of rnh in his draft year, for example, it's really close. rnh would probably win out, but everyone was saying at that time that there was no first line talent at the top of that draft.
    yakupov is not a good example, as he is just simply a bust. with the proper development, he would have been a first line player. remember the slogan, fail for nail. and remember that grigorenko was thought of as the second best prospect that year. could u imagine how bad that draft would have been thought of if that happened! it's already bad enough.
    another thought regarding the yakupov draft: for a good laugh, go back and listen to pierre mcguire and gord miller when either he or ryan murray (i think it's murray) are walking up to the podium. mcguire makes a comment as to how the jackets were happy to fall to #2 (remember, they lost the draft lottery to edmonton that year) since they didn't want to take a russian first overall (after getting burned by them in the past). miller is just totally caught off guard by that statement, since everyone assumed they were upset at falling to #2 cuz everyone thought yak was gonna be a superstar. his reaction is really funny. and in hindsight, mcguire was right on! although galchenyuk, forsberg, lindholm and rielly are the top players to come out of that draft, and murray is a step way below them.

The Great One

If I'm moving draft picks I wait until the draft when everyone wants to be involved and the prices are higher to maximise the return
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

Your best time to move that 1st overall (assuming you want to) is just around the draft when all the hype is at its max. That's when you'll get your best return.

Have you even told the other GMs that the 1st overall is available?

- - - Updated - - -

Your best time to move that 1st overall (assuming you want to) is just around the draft when all the hype is at its max. That's when you'll get your best return.

Have you even told the other GMs that the 1st overall is available?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

You need more for Patrick

Dobber Sports Icon

wait until the draft..then cash in!
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW)
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-
    NTP - Leonard, Perrault

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Is Patrick going to be a Yakupov? If Yes, Jost could be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Patrick going to be a Yakupov? If Yes, Jost could be better.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev