Thread: Nolan Patrick

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Nolan Patrick

Patrick or Tkachuk?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Patrick or Tkachuk?
    Patrick has higher upside but Tkachuk is the safer option since he's already shown he can play effectively at the NHL level. Depends on your team's situation and how much risk you're willing to take.

If Patrick goes to Colorado which is the most likely situation right now, he could have difficulties taking over the #1C spot from MacKinnon. That's also a risk since you don't know where he's going to go and what kind of role is available for him. Not sure I really like any of the teams that are likely to get him. Arizona is terrible. Vegas will be terrible for many years. Colorado is a complete mess.

Personally I would still take Patrick because I think you can get better return with him in the summer.

Dobber Sports Icon

Patrick > Tkachuk in terms of value.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd prefer Tkachuk, especially in a multi cat league. I'm aware that Patrick probably gets more hype and I'm probably biased because I own Tkachuk.

Just consider this: Tkachuk has 34pts in 53 games as of now. His daddy had 51 pts in 83 games in his rookie season, so Tkachuk junior is actually even slightly better on a pts per game basis (on the current pace he'd have 53 pts in 83 games). Matthews pim totals aren't quite as high as his daddy's, but they're still very high in a time when there are generally less pims than in his Keith's time.

This doesn't guarantee anything, but if I have a shot at a potential second coming of Keith Tkachuk I'm not sceond guessing much....

- - - Updated - - -

I'd prefer Tkachuk, especially in a multi cat league. I'm aware that Patrick probably gets more hype and I'm probably biased because I own Tkachuk.

Just consider this: Tkachuk has 34pts in 53 games as of now. His daddy had 51 pts in 83 games in his rookie season, so Tkachuk junior is actually even slightly better on a pts per game basis (on the current pace he'd have 53 pts in 83 games). Matthews pim totals aren't quite as high as his daddy's, but they're still very high in a time when there are generally less pims than in his Keith's time.

This doesn't guarantee anything, but if I have a shot at a potential second coming of Keith Tkachuk I'm not sceond guessing much....
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Master

Tkachuk looks more like the scorer of the two. Weak draft coming up this year compared to the last few, a la Yakupov, Murray, Galchenyuk... There are always gems (Forsberg) but overall I don't see a star-studded group in this year's class.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Novice

I agree with everyone in the fact that you should wait until the draft gets closer to trade the 1st overall pick, but also take axemans advice and let the other GM's know the pick is available.
    In my league last year the GM with the 1st pick (his choice of superstar Matthews or superstar Laine) had a very shallow team and wanted more depth, so he talked to only 1 other Gm and traded the pick for Eric Staal, rick Nash, and Jeff skinner..... The other GM's and myself were quite upset when the trade went through as all of us felt we could have made a better offer.
    Dont be that guy, Patrick isn't a Matthews or Laine but some guys see "1st overall" and will pay a lot for it. If you let the other Gm's know you could potentially get a bidding war and then it's up to you to pick the best offer. Good luck dude!

Dobber Sports Novice

What about the following: 1st or 2nd overall (lottery to take place) + 3rd overall, for W. Nylander.
    Essentially:
    Patrick or Hischier + something (eg Jost, Gusev, Point, Connor)
    for
    Nylander.
    There's an outside chance (~10%) that I would have top 2 picks, which would mean Patrick + Hischier for W. Nylander.

- - - Updated - - -

What about the following: 1st or 2nd overall (lottery to take place) + 3rd overall, for W. Nylander.
    Essentially:
    Patrick or Hischier + something (eg Jost, Gusev, Point, Connor)
    for
    Nylander.
    There's an outside chance (~10%) that I would have top 2 picks, which would mean Patrick + Hischier for W. Nylander.
    11 team dynasty league - POINTS ONLY
    30 player roster
    18 starter slots:
    12 Forwards - Max 92 GP per foward slot
    Kane, Seguin, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Mack, Brassard, Stone, Pavelski, Stepan, Scheifele, Fabbri, Lucic, Draisaitl, Kreider, Skinner, Kadri, Horvat

6 Defensemen - Max 92 GP per defense slot
    Klingberg, OEL, Ghost, Pietriangelo, Barrie, Hamilton, Stralman, Ceci,

2 Goalies - Max 75 GP per slot
    Bishop, Gibson, Mason, Raanta, Dominigue
    12 Bench slots: free mix of F, D, G

G = 1 pt, A = 1 pt
    W = 2 pts, SO = 3 pts (Shut out win = 5 pts)

Dobber Sports Icon

I would rather have two darts then 1. All of Patrick, Hischier, Jost, Point, Connor could be better than Nylander. I would rather have any 2 of them than only have Nylander.