Thread: Sometimes I just hate fantasy football

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Sometimes I just hate fantasy football

My opponent this week was projected to get 86.83 points. He finished with 37.81.

He still beat me by 10 points.

This is what a lineup of losers looked like yesterday:

Prescott, Carr, Adams, Maclin, Forte, Hightower, Graham, Fitzgerald, Bailey and the KC DEF.

Just wanted to vent.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Sometimes I just hate fantasy football

I hear ya.

In one of my other leagues, I was projected to get 129.8 points, I got 83.13.

My disappointments this week from my roster - Carr, Cooks, Evans, Benjamin, Freeman, Diggs. All were well below their projected numbers. Needless to say, I am not moving on in that league.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Finish first place, outscored the next closest team by 150 points, lost to the 8th seed. Meh. I've had enough fantasy frustrations to learn to not care. Pro tip. If you actually like football, don't check your scores on Sundays. Just watch the games. Checking your score every 10 minutes isn't going to change it. Makes watching football on Sundays way more enjoyable.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Finish first place, outscored the next closest team by 150 points, lost to the 8th seed. Meh. I've had enough fantasy frustrations to learn to not care. Pro tip. If you actually like football, don't check your scores on Sundays. Just watch the games. Checking your score every 10 minutes isn't going to change it. Makes watching football on Sundays way more enjoyable.
    I watched some of the game Thursday but didnt see a lick of games yesterday. I just checked my score after reading this thread. LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    My opponent this week was projected to get 86.83 points. He finished with 37.81.

He still beat me by 10 points.

This is what a lineup of losers looked like yesterday:

Prescott, Carr, Adams, Maclin, Forte, Hightower, Graham, Fitzgerald, Bailey and the KC DEF.

Just wanted to vent.
    Oh my....