Thread: Bob vs. Gibson

Dobber Sports Master

Default Bob vs. Gibson

The Bobrovsky owner is actively trying to move the Columbus Goalie as he is looking to rebuild, and is hoping to cash in on Bob's great start. Gibson, my top Goalie, hasn't had the greatest start to the season and is sharing a number of starts with Bernier. I'm worried about Bob's injury history and am not confident in the Blue Jackets being able to continue this scorching stretch of hockey. I also have Vasilevsky as my backup and expect him to be my #1 next season.

Thoughts???

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Bob vs. Gibson

12+ hours, 69 views, 0 comments. Time to bump.

F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti

Dobber Sports Sage

Is there an offer on the table or is this just speculation? No question Bob is having a great year. Bob is a high-risk, high-reward option. Vezina or bust. If you think Bob is the missing piece to a championship then you should do it. Personally I probably would not do it because I always like the better long-term option and the less-injured option. I would play up the injury/age angle and try to chisel an extra draft pick or add more to the deal to get an upgrade somewhere.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    The Bobrovsky owner is actively trying to move the Columbus Goalie as he is looking to rebuild, and is hoping to cash in on Bob's great start. Gibson, my top Goalie, hasn't had the greatest start to the season and is sharing a number of starts with Bernier. I'm worried about Bob's injury history and am not confident in the Blue Jackets being able to continue this scorching stretch of hockey. I also have Vasilevsky as my backup and expect him to be my #1 next season.

Thoughts???
    I would be willing to acquire Bobrovsky, and give him a couple younger skaters you probably wouldn't be keeping that have promise; maybe 2 of Skjei, Ritchie, Marchessault type players get it done for Bobrovsky & a scrub. I don't see a goalie swap as being that big a move either way.

(edited to clarify something I realized was difficult to understand)
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Not sure you need to add to Gibson to land Bob but I'm not sure the Bob owner would either - personally I would try and get some protection re games played as a conditional draft pick (if your league allows it) but if you are going for a championship it makes sense to make this move
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I told you a month ago CLB was legit. If Vas is your goalie of the future, what are you waiting for? :0
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    I told you a month ago CLB was legit. If Vas is your goalie of the future, what are you waiting for? :0
    Says the guy in first place who would love to see me get a goaltender who might vault my past him in the standings...damn!