Thread: Best collegiate hockey players right now

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Best collegiate hockey players right now

and any college players that might make a vesey like impact for next season? thanks

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Best collegiate hockey players right now

Boeser. Canucks got a good player there.

Dobber Sports Stud

Boeser and Keller are likely the best college players (who have the best long term fantasy upside). There are plenty of top end NCAA guys right now, but usually when a junior or senior puts up points it doesn't equate to big numbers at the pro level. Sometimes, but not assured.

I like my NCAA guys to rip it up as freshman and sophomores, have a high pedigree (first round pick) and turn pro quickly (1-2 years). Otherwise the wait time is usually 3+ NCAA campaigns and a some time in the AHL to season. Doesn't mean guys like Guentzel - who took that path - won't be legit, just mean you've gotta wait til theyre 23/24 to do it.

Keep an eye on Tyson Jost, Charlie McAvoy, Colin White, Henrik Borgstrom, Tage Thompson...
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Good advice.

For what it's worth, Boeser aka Bowser "The Beast" is thought he'll play next season after his Sophomore year.

Dobber Sports Star

Keller leads the pack, McAvoy is outstanding if you're in a multicat league.

Adam Fox should be roaring up everyone's lists -- he's having an amazing college season for a defender so far with 16 P in 11 GP as an 18-year-old freshman. He and McAvoy are my picks for the biggest perception boost from the coming WJC.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Run! View Post
    Good advice.

For what it's worth, Boeser aka Bowser "The Beast" is thought he'll play next season after his Sophomore year.
    I would be pretty darn surprised to see Boeser back at UND next season. He was one of the best players in the country as a freshman, won a national championship and is back to further improve this season. What would be left for year three?

Also, if he goes back for a junior season, the Canucks would risk him sticking for the full four and becoming a UFA ala Jimmy Vesey.

As far as I'm concerned, he'll be in Vancouver next season and hopefully gelling next ot Horvat.

- - - Updated - - -

Great call on Fox. He is having a fantastic season and the size concerns continue to diminish.
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Guru

I don't watch a lot, but it looks like Colin White started slow and has since been more productive.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Icon

Tyson Jost is having a great freshman season at North Dakota. He is playing on the top line, has more than a point per game and is leading the league in faceoff percentage. I don't expect him to return to North Dakota for his sophomore season.

Dobber Sports Deity

Luke Kunin is playing pretty solid this year so far. 11G in 16G is impressive. I am looking forward to seeing more from him at the WJC this month.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Tyson Jost is having a great freshman season at North Dakota. He is playing on the top line, has more than a point per game and is leading the league in faceoff percentage. I don't expect him to return to North Dakota for his sophomore season.
    Watched Jost in the BCHL last year, had a hatty & an assist, plus 2 posts. I've seen Turris & Bozak destroy this league in years past... Jost is far and away a more complete player and I'd argue better player. at the same stage of their careers. He screams STUD in the Making
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    Keller leads the pack, McAvoy is outstanding if you're in a multicat league.

Adam Fox should be roaring up everyone's lists -- he's having an amazing college season for a defender so far with 16 P in 11 GP as an 18-year-old freshman. He and McAvoy are my picks for the biggest perception boost from the coming WJC.
    I have been monitoring Fox and he has been ridiculous so far this year. Some of the best dman stats ever for a freshman. I went into last season's entry draft trying to upgrade my D prospects. I picked McAvoy in the 3rd round and Fox in the 5th. (it is a multi-cat league) I am pleased.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I think he could probably transition into the NHL as a one and done NCAA guy, but I doubt it actually happens. Colorado is a bit of a tire fire right now and there's no need to rush him into that situation.

I think he spends two years at UND myself, which is one less than I thought he would complete when he was drafted last June.. so maybe by this June I'll think he's ready to move on!

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Keller seems great but one concern I have is that he's in Arizona where the last time a rookie made a big impact in their draft+1 year was ... never. The best example I can think of is Domi who had a great rookie season in his draft+2 year. Also, other than Turris and Domi, Arizona/Phoenix does not have a stellar record of 1st round picks for forwards.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.