Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Derrick Pouliot

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Derrick Pouliot

Are people still considering this guys a top D prospect? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on him, but the consensus seems to be that if he becomes more consistent he can be a stud.

I have a stash spot left and was debating between him, Kylington, Fabbro and Chabot.

Any suggestions on who the best stash is?
    - 12 team, 40 keeper dynasty league
    - Scoring categories for skaters: G, A, PIM, HIT, BLK, STP, FOW, SOG, +/-, DEF, ATOI
    - Scoring categories for goalies: W, SV, SV%, SO, GAA
    - Start 12F, 6D, 3UTIL, 3 min goalie starts a week
    - Starters in bold

Forwards: MacKinnon, Tarasenko, Tavares, Panarin, Johansen, Ehlers, E. Kane, Lee, Huberdeau, Horvat, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Pacioretty, Meier, Fabbri, Sikura, Zacha, Burakovsky, Spooner, Jost, Roussel, Kaprizov, Cirelli, Berglund,

Defense: Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dumba, Faulk, Provorov, Muzzin, McAvoy, Carlson, Nurse, Del Zotto, Borowiecki, Russell

Goalies: Jones, Vasilevskiy, Raanta, Keumper, Remier, Demko

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Derrick Pouliot

There are good arguments both for and against as the whether Pouliot can still turn out or not but I've concluded that his value has dropped enough for me to look elsewhere.

On your list, I'd take Chabot ahead of him for sure. I'd strongly consider Kylington and fabbro in that order but I don't know too much about those two. I've heard Kylington is a bit of a head case in terms of work ethic and consistency (which you don't hear a lot of from Swedes) but his AHL numbers this year are an improvement over last season, which is big.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Initiate

What's the deal on Pouliot now? Is he worth keeping in a 10 team league on my main roster (doesn't qualify for farm due to 50 GP limit)? Stats: G/A/P/PPP/+-/HIT/BLK/SOG/FW.

I start 6 D: P.K. Subban, Barrie [IR], McDonagh, Lindholm, Provorov/Zaitsev/Theodore, Pouliot.

Time to drop?

- - - Updated - - -

What's the deal on Pouliot now? Is he worth keeping in a 10 team league on my main roster (doesn't qualify for farm due to 50 GP limit)? Stats: G/A/P/PPP/+-/HIT/BLK/SOG/FW.

I start 6 D: P.K. Subban, Barrie [IR], McDonagh, Lindholm, Provorov/Zaitsev/Theodore, Pouliot.

Time to drop?

Dobber Sports Pro

I think it is time to part with Pouliot as a legit prospect, he has had so many opportunities and I know D develop late but he isn't showing many signs, and not as though Pitt has a deep D core at the NHL level
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Jedi

he might still be a legit prospect, but in a 10 team league, there are better options. IE Chabot. I for one expect Chabot to surpass Pouliot in terms of NHL roster security in the next two years, and wouldn't be surprised in the least if Chabot jumped full time to the NHL next season.

Pouliot is watching prospects pass him by left and right.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

I reached for him two years ago and right now I am very sad. It was between him and Ristolainen... idiot....
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I reached for him two years ago and right now I am very sad. It was between him and Ristolainen... idiot....
    You might not remember this but last year I traded Werenski-Connor-Vrana-7th(so a 1st) for R.Strome-Pouliot in the ICFHL. Was able to snap up Connor after when he got dropped but boy I felt like a champ at the time. Now? Not so much lol.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Sage

Glad I traded DP away at the beginning of last season. I really had a hard time letting go of him at the time, I laugh when I think of it now.

He couldnt even get a game in while Letang was out for more than 2 weeks.

Pittsburgh D who have played ahead of Pouliot this month while Letang was out: Gaunce, Olesksy, Warsofsky, Ruhwedel, Dumoulin. This is not a list of future all-stars.

Pretty safe drop at this point, or try to trade him to some schmuck who has been living in Antarctica for the past 2 years and will still buy the "name value."

- - - Updated - - -

Glad I traded DP away at the beginning of last season. I really had a hard time letting go of him at the time, I laugh when I think of it now.

He couldnt even get a game in while Letang was out for more than 2 weeks.

Pittsburgh D who have played ahead of Pouliot this month while Letang was out: Gaunce, Olesksy, Warsofsky, Ruhwedel, Dumoulin. This is not a list of future all-stars.

Pretty safe drop at this point, or try to trade him to some schmuck who has been living in Antarctica for the past 2 years and will still buy the "name value."

Dobber Sports Jedi

I don't think there's anymore train left to hype at this point.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Giant

I finally traded schultz after he was just ok for what seemed like so long. I'm holding on to DP for the long haul with a lot of hope.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

The Great One

Right now unless there is a tangible reason to drop him, if you are in on him, I keep him. Now would be a great time to buy low though lol
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Master

Haha Yougo I did NOT remember that lol.

I'm going with kevinsrangers on the approach this time. I think this season should be a write off with the injuries out of camp etc. (though he didn't look all that great in camp). The Pens invested a lot in him and he's not all that old yet. I'll give it another 18 months before I make up my mind. Schultz burned me the same way... I think there's still time for him to put in a good development season and make it to the pros when he is on the upswing.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha Yougo I did NOT remember that lol.

I'm going with kevinsrangers on the approach this time. I think this season should be a write off with the injuries out of camp etc. (though he didn't look all that great in camp). The Pens invested a lot in him and he's not all that old yet. I'll give it another 18 months before I make up my mind. Schultz burned me the same way... I think there's still time for him to put in a good development season and make it to the pros when he is on the upswing.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

I know I keep bumping the thread, but don't look now, since the calendar flipped to 2017, Pouliot has 10 points in 14 games, with two goals in the last four. It is modest progress, but progress nonetheless, as he tries to regain some confidence in his game. His play at the NHL level in the last year has been pretty lacking (his defensive play near atrocious) but if the Pens thought well enough to draft him in the top 10, he must have some potential to turn it around still. We can look no further than Pittsburgh's own Justin Schultz who is now rounding into form after some pretty hard years in Edmonton (albeit, on bad teams, but still).
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

13 pts in 18 games and +7 since Jan 3, 2017. I know the Pens just had some guys go down, but if it was me I would still shelter Pouliot and call-up Warsofsky, who is dominating the AHL to the tune of 36 pts in 36 gms. He doesn't have the NHL upside that Pouliot does, but at his current age and stage of career, he is the better all-round defenseman, with more experience. It was mused today that Pouliot could be the call-up but I would let him keep gaining confidence in the AHL before calling him up, even with the slew of injuries to Schultz and Maatta.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah, I would let him in the AHL more too. We still don't know if at some point he doesn't put it together like Schultz did. Sure chances are slim but worth a watch.