Thread: Aito Iguchi... 11 year old prodigy

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Aito Iguchi... 11 year old prodigy

Has anyone ever heard of this kid? I just recently stumbled on some of his YouTube highlights... the kid has some mad skills! Not sure if he can continue his play at the next levels though... could be a Kevin Roy/Robbie Schremp or maybe, just maybe he could be something special. Time will tell!

Link 1: intro
    https://youtu.be/ST5GC1mpL6A

Link 2: mad skills (lol keep in mind; he's 11)
    https://youtu.be/K13ZJbqDRHs
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Aito Iguchi... 11 year old prodigy

Pretty impressive skill set. I know a kid same age as my nephew (12) who is 5''11 and can slap shot 70 miles an hour.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Long way to go from tooling some home league kids in non-contact hockey to even being an above average CHL player. I'm not sure we need to dig this deep for the "next one"

Dobber Sports Titan

Four total threads in the forum on him now. Just a note that he was 11 in his videos in 2014.

Either way, I have seen his videos, and it's sweet. He's an awesome and talented kid and I wish him the best
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I'm not sure we need to dig this deep for the "next one"
    Hehe, neither do I, but I just wanted to point out that he is pretty talented for an 11 year old. Many kids actually develop their game in their mid-teens (15-16 y/o) so having a gifted 11-year can go 3-ways IMO;
    1) he peaks prior to his teen years and can't keep up with bigger bodies
    2) he keeps developing and improving his game, playing with bigger and older kids as he moves up from one level to another
    3) he keeps playing and tweaking his game but kinda fades out in the pool of talent come Midget/Junior...

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Four total threads in the forum on him now. Just a note that he was 11 in his videos in 2014.

Either way, I have seen his videos, and it's sweet. He's an awesome and talented kid and I wish him the best
    Sorry EB, thanks for letting me know; I had not seen the other threads
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay