Thread: Budaj or Condon

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Budaj or Condon

For league in sig...which of these 2 would you rather own? Neither will be keepers
    12 Team H2H Dynasty League

3C, 2LW, 2RW, 2W, 4D, 2G, 7BN, 1NA, 1IR, 2IR+

G, A, PPP, SOG, +/-, HIT, BLK W, SV%, GAA

C(3)
    Matthews, Tavares, Krejci
    LW(2) Stamkos, Marchand
    RW(2) Hoffman, Perron
    W(2) Rust, Arvidsson, Palat, Farabee, Bratt
    D(4) M.Rielly, Burns, Pulock, Chiarot, Dumba, Slavin
    G(2) Markstrom, Elvis, M.Smith, Rinne
    NA(1)

10 Team H2H Keeper League(keep 12)

G, A, PPP, SOG, +/-, HIT, BLK W, SV%, GAA

C(3)
    Matthews, Couture, Toews
    LW(2) Panarin, Kubalik
    RW(2) Kucherov, Atkinson
    W(2) Perron, Konecney, Killorn, Rust, Tanev, Armia, Nylander
    D(4) Jones, Letang, Muzzin, Edler
    G(2) Rask, Rittich, Jarry

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Budaj or Condon

Condon seems to be given more consistent quality starts. The problem is the consistency of when he starts. Budaj plays every game and Quick is still a couple months away.

if you need to or can jam a couple extra starts into a week Budaj definitely helps more. Being your 3rd or 4th G it's less of a big deal as you're likely only filling off nights and games when Vasil takes another start from Bishop.

Budaj has better value now and for the next two months, Condon has longer term value as a back up. Once Quick comes back, Budaj's value tanks.

I prefer starters over back ups and if it's for the league in your sig. I'd want the starter - Budaj.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Condon seems to be given more consistent quality starts. The problem is the consistency of when he starts. Budaj plays every game and Quick is still a couple months away.

if you need to or can jam a couple extra starts into a week Budaj definitely helps more. Being your 3rd or 4th G it's less of a big deal as you're likely only filling off nights and games when Vasil takes another start from Bishop.

Budaj has better value now and for the next two months, Condon has longer term value as a back up. Once Quick comes back, Budaj's value tanks.

I prefer starters over back ups and if it's for the league in your sig. I'd want the starter - Budaj.
    I prefer the starter too. Even though Budaj won't be the starter once Quick returns, he is for now so I would still take him.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Condon is putting up numbers like Price & Dubnyk this year, but in less starts. I doubt that continues, and it can be difficult to peg when he will be playing. Budaj will not have the same quality of starts, but much more quantity. I'd keep Budaj.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

And with the spot starts there isn't always a guarantee you can dress him... Budaj for me (though maybe bench for the next game or two to make sure he's out of his mini funk)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.