Thread: Cale Makar

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Cale Makar

Very few people would have heard of him at this point in time but he is likely to be a first round pick in June. Cale Makar is the 18 year (turned 18 in October) old captain of the Brooks Bandits of the AJHL. He currently has 38 points in 28 games and sits in 7th in the league in points. He has 14 points in his last 6 games. He's also a right shot dman. He had over a point per game in both the regular season and the playoffs last year in the same league. He is headed to UMASS Amherst next season. He will be in Bonnyville, Alberta all week playing in the World Jr A Championships. This is the tournament that had a big part in Hampus Lindholm getting drafted 6th overall.

Add him to your draft lists or pick him up as a free agent if your league allows it. I have spoken to at least one NHL scout that currently has him in his top 10 among all prospects for this years draft class.

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Cale Makar

He has a good shot and seems to be a swift skater. I had not heard of him before but I just looked up a few of his highlights on Youtube and he looks legit. I don't know about going early in the first round though; especially in the top-10, but if he keeps improving throughout the year, who knows!

Thanks for sharing Chuck!

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Icon

He had 2 goals and 3 assists in Canada West's first game. They won 6 - 2 over Switzerland.

Dobber Sports Icon

Bob McKenzie wrote on article on Makar. Here's the link.

http://www.tsn.ca/creating-nhl-draft...lenge-1.630129