Thread: [Signing] Yankees bring Chapman back

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default [Signing] Yankees bring Chapman back

I knew it.......I frigging knew it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: [Signing] Yankees bring Chapman back

5yr 86mill (17.2mill/yr). Honestly, that’s about 3.8mill a yr short of what I thought he was gonna get. But he obviously took a discount to go back to the NYY. At 28yrs old he’s in his prime, but as anyone who saw him during the WS, he was shakey. NYY couldn’t rely on Betances for a closer role, so this is a smart signing by them to get Chapman. But how will Chapman pitch when he’s 30? Or what happens when he loses velocity? He’s only good because he throws rockets really.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    5yr 86mill (17.2mill/yr). Honestly, that’s about 3.8mill a yr short of what I thought he was gonna get. But he obviously took a discount to go back to the NYY. At 28yrs old he’s in his prime, but as anyone who saw him during the WS, he was shakey. NYY couldn’t rely on Betances for a closer role, so this is a smart signing by them to get Chapman. But how will Chapman pitch when he’s 30? Or what happens when he loses velocity? He’s only good because he throws rockets really.
    I agree about being very cautious because of the length of the contract. And I would say that he was shakey in the WS because he was overworked and used in a role he was not comfortable in. Maddon got really, really lucky that the Cubs won because his use of Chapman was terrible. Fangraphs did a story on Chapman pitching the bottom of the 9th in game 7 and how he was throwing pure meat and the Indians just missed them. Chapman was outstanding for the Cubs in the regular season when he pitched just the 9th.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

Was really hoping we wouldn't see him back in the AL East, but it was almost inevitable. Also less than I thought he would get. Hopefully now we see some more dominoes fall.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)