Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Taylor Hall hit on Philip Larsen

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Taylor Hall hit on Philip Larsen

In my opinion, the hit was most likely a penalty and had a completely unfortunate result. I think that Hall should have let up when he realized that Larsson wasn't aware he was there. I dont want hockey to turn into a non-contact sport, but if you want any contact, you will have to accept a certain amount of collateral damage. I think this hit falls into that category.

If Hall had more respect for his brotherhood, he would have pulled up. He didn't and deserved a penalty for it. If he got a game suspension for it, I would not argue.

Is it possible to write respect for other players in a vulnerable position into the rules? Maybe there could be a committee that decide if he should have let up on the hit? Like some sort of a morality judgement from a team of ex players, a jury of sorts. I do think it is possible to have such a committee and I think that it might result in better player safety.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    It's amazing how many arguments you two manage to get into (rataylor22 + Rylant) where I don't agree with either of you. Impressive.
    Is that bad? I think it's good. What kind of world would we live in, if everyone always agreed with each other?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    In my opinion, the hit was most likely a penalty and had a completely unfortunate result. I think that Hall should have let up when he realized that Larsson wasn't aware he was there. I dont want hockey to turn into a non-contact sport, but if you want any contact, you will have to accept a certain amount of collateral damage. I think this hit falls into that category.

If Hall had more respect for his brotherhood, he would have pulled up. He didn't and deserved a penalty for it. If he got a game suspension for it, I would not argue.

Is it possible to write respect for other players in a vulnerable position into the rules? Maybe there could be a committee that decide if he should have let up on the hit? Like some sort of a morality judgement from a team of ex players, a jury of sorts. I do think it is possible to have such a committee and I think that it might result in better player safety.
    if hall had more respect for people he should skate around with pillows tied to his chest and cards he can hand out that say sorry for hurting your feelings with my goal scoring as well. wile e coyote style.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post

Did you watch the play? He most definitely tried to pull up.

Dobber Sports Master

Soo... has Hall been arrested yet? I haven't been paying attention to this incident, but I'm pretty sure that Van PD should have a warrant out or something by now...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

clean hit, unfortunate outcome.
    carey price however...

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by roberto_alomar View Post
    clean hit, unfortunate outcome.
    carey price however...
    Price is a licensed chiropractor and was just giving that dude an adjustment, how dare you besmirch his good name!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril