Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Taylor Hall hit on Philip Larsen

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Taylor Hall hit on Philip Larsen

anyone see that hit yet? was brutal. hopefully Larsen will be ok. Was out cold

https://twitter.com/myregularface/st...339073/photo/1

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Taylor Hall hit on Philip Larsen

keep your head up. It was worse than it looked.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

I...am your father.

oh my gawd, wow..that looked bad. Larsen could be in serious trouble here, that looked like a concussion for sure.

I think the hit was clean, he had his head down and Hall was throwing a normal hit, for what that's worth
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Looked clean to me, Larsen got caught staring at his feet.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I hope Larsen is okay. Wow, tough hit...Larsen got caught with his head down, paid a big price. There better not be ANY supplemental discipline for that hit.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Clean. I mean. After contact it looked like Hall was trying his bet to avoid contact to be honest. Good on his idiot teammates nearly stepping on him trying to fight Hall though. Real standup job guys.

The Great One

I won't be surprised if Hall is suspended 2 games.

Dobber Sports Ace

This is a good question. Hall almost looked like he was shocked by larsens positioning-almost trying to avoid contact as he didn't expect Larsen to be there or at the minimum,just a normal check. But,at the same time,was the primary. Intact to the head? If that's the case,isn't it almost a guaranteed discipline situation?
    Tough hit for Larsen for sure. Hope he is ok.
    At the same time, I'm not sure what else hall really could do there.

The Great One

Before people go crazy defended this hit or calling for a suspension......it's pretty clear one angle looks clean the other looks like head IS the initial contact.

We all rag on the disciplinary committee but I wouldn't want to have that job. Especially with all the internal pressure (politics) that go along with the decision.

For the record, I think the hit is clean. Caught with his head down and Hall didn't target the head. But my opinion means absolutely nothing so I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1-2 game suspension. I wouldn't be shocked.

Dobber Sports Deity

You can't suspend players because someone got injured on a clean hit. That's just silly. If the hit wasn't illegal (and the refs on the ice felt that way, along with most off the ice who see the replay feel that way) then how you can the NHL justify suspending Hall?

Dont get me wrong, I hope Larsen is OK, but there was nothing wrong with that play. As the experts say, it was a hockey play that just ended badly.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

The head does seem to be the initial point of contact, which sucks, but that appears to be mostly on Larsson here as all have said before, his head is way down.

Hall looks like he's trying to hold up and lean back and ends up hitting him with his chest. Hard to put much blame on Hall for that one.

Dobber Sports Star

i am not sure how anybody can describe the hit as "clean" considering the primary point of contact is the head. That's the wording now for "illegal hit to the head". It does say that the defending player who puts himself in a potentially dangerous situation needs to be considered, but Hall hit his head. First. That makes it a, not "clean" hit.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    i am not sure how anybody can describe the hit as "clean" considering the primary point of contact is the head. That's the wording now for "illegal hit to the head". It does say that the defending player who puts himself in a potentially dangerous situation needs to be considered, but Hall hit his head. First. That makes it a, not "clean" hit.

Rylant
    It seems to me that the only way Hall could have avoided contact was to throw himself out of Larsen's path. Is that what the NHL brand is about? Maybe everyone should wear cowbells to remind players to be aware of their surroundings, uh, especially when you are carrying the puck. I don't care if the head is the primary point of contact in this case, Larsen was leading with his head. If the NHL suspends Hall, they'll have to explain how Hall could have avoided a suspension.

Maybe someone should figure out how to imitate that system that is in our fighter jets, when your opponent has missile lock, you hear a solid beeeeeeeeep...just before the lights go out! lol

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Clean. I mean. After contact it looked like Hall was trying his bet to avoid contact to be honest. Good on his idiot teammates nearly stepping on him trying to fight Hall though. Real standup job guys.
    I don't think this is being discussed enough. Watch what happens immediately after the hit. Sbisa bumps into Larsen's head while skating into the melee. Chaput tries to fight Hall. I get the hockey code, but those two have to be smarter than that.

But it wasn't just Canucks who acted like goofs. Kyle Quincey could have easily injured Larsen further the way he skated in and bumped Larsen's head. Another Devils' player looked like he jumped over Larsen. Thank goodness Markstrom and Granlund had enough sense to protect their injured teammate.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Master

Sort of reminded me of Wendel Clark's hit on Bruce Bell circa mid-1980's.

I thought it was clean. He didn't leap, Larsen had his head down, and Hall isn't a malicious character. The real issue is whether or not the other guys should have jumped in so recklessly near their fallen teammate?!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy