Thread: Kevin Fiala Long Term Expectations?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Kevin Fiala Long Term Expectations?

Don't know enough about him. What's your long game with this guy? Will he emerge as a steady point producer?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Kevin Fiala Long Term Expectations?

He certainly has the skills to be a solid top six winger. I think that's what he'll shake out to be with 60ish point upside.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    He certainly has the skills to be a solid top six winger. I think that's what he'll shake out to be with 60ish point upside.
    This was what I was going to say but Crazy Joe said it already. In my opinion, his upside hasn't changed from his draft. At some point some started to question if he'd get there but now things are looking good for him.

Dobber Sports Wizard

He's looked great since the last call-up. Let's see if he can maintain his high level of play for a few more games. Certainly 60+ points is a very realistic expectation and may come as early as next year.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Agree with the rest. I drafted him in my extremely deep pool and have been pleasantly surprised since his latest call up. Seems Laviolette likes him too. Hope he's here to stay and I also see 60 point upside.

Dobber Sports Pro

I usually look at 3 things when I am curious about a prospect's long term potential:
    1. His Dobber Prospects Page and his Rank on Dobber's Top 200 Prospects List
    2. His Hockey's Future Page
    3. His TheHockeyWriters.com "Next Ones" Draft Profile

In Fiala's case:
    His DobberProspects Fantasy Outlook is a B+. That is pretty good, though not spectacular. He currently 34th on Dobber's top 200 prospects list, but I am predicting some amount of rise in the next edition of this coming out in a few days. Maybe not a huge rise, but something.
    His Hockey's Future page has him ranked as an 8.0 out of 10 prospect, which corresponds to a First Line Forward, with examples being Daniel Sedin, Ryan O'Reilly and Bobby Ryan.
    His "Next Ones" Draft Profile has his fantasy hockey offensive potential as a 9/10, and their NHL Comparison is Phil Kessel. Not too bad.

Hope this is helpful. It's just the method I use to evaluate prospects because I never played hockey so I don't have the best skills at the "Eye Test" which is probably the best method if you know what you are looking for.

Important Note: Prospects' Hockey's Future Pages and Next Ones Draft Profiles are "moments in time", and they are not updated much if at all after they are initially published. So while they give interesting insights on how good a prospect WAS, Dobber's information is constantly updated and tells you more about what is a prospect is right now and what to expect in the future based on that. If you go look up Yakupov on Hockey's Future, his is still a 9.0 out of 10, which corresponds to an Elite Talent, with examples being Jamie Benn, Evgeni Malkin, and Patrick Kane.

So I would say that while those two sources might be able to give you some nice insights on a player's ceiling, I think Dobber's information deserves the most weight in analysis.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I usually look at 3 things when I am curious about a prospect's long term potentional:
    1. His Dobber Prospects Page and his Rank on Dobber's Top 200 Prospects List
    2. His Hockey's Future Page
    3. His TheHockeyWriters.com "Next Ones" Draft Profile

In Fiala's case:
    His DobberProspects Fantasy Outlook is a B+. That is pretty good, though not spectacular. He currently 34th on Dobber's top 200 prospects list, but I am predicting some amount of rise in the next edition of this coming out in a few days. Maybe not a huge rise, but something.
    His Hockey's Future page has him ranked as an 8.0 out of 10 prospect, which corresponds to a First Line Forward, with examples being Daniel Sedin, Ryan O'Reilly and Bobby Ryan.
    His "Next Ones" Draft Profile has his fantasy hockey offensive potential as a 9/10, and their NHL Comparison is Phil Kessel. Not too bad.

Hope this is helpful. It's just the method I use to evaluate prospects because I never played hockey so I don't have the best skills at the "Eye Test" which is probably the best method if you know what you are looking for.
    Thanks BMP. We all have our ways. Nothing is ever guaranteed obviously when it comes to prospects outside of the McDavids and sort, but we all need guidance.

I haven't seen Fiala play although I do own him. Skill probably stands out the most in a good prospect, but also poise, skating and smarts. How they are under pressure and how they see the ice and their linemates. These are noticeable skills. Guys like Horvath and Arvidsson stood out for me last year and they have performed quite well so far this year.