Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Trade] - Sale to the Red Sox

Dobber Sports Titan

Default [Trade] - Sale to the Red Sox

http://www.tsn.ca/report-red-sox-acq...e-sox-1.624817

Well, the AL East really needed more firepower...
    Washington was rumoured to be the front runner for Sale, but I guess they took too long, and now we're looking at a pretty stacked rotation out in Bean-Town. Top prospect Moncada is the centrepiece, with Kopech and two other prospects going to the White Sox to complete the deal.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: [Trade] - Sale to the Red Sox

Ofcourse the Red Sox acquired him. As a Jays fan, I c
    an only hope he goes made in their club house too.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd there goes the window. Come next year Yanks will add to their great prospect group with some proven elite FAs and it'll all be over for us.

Dobber Sports Sage

Love that the White Sox made the move. Sale is a real bag. There have been a couple other incidents over the years besides cutting up the jerseys.

It will be fun watching these prospects mature for the White Sox. As a Cubs fan I am glad Sale didn't go to the NL.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

Man, Price AND Sale. Deadly.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Man, Price AND Sale. Deadly.
    Way to ignore the 2016 AL Cy Young winner
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Stud

great haul for the white sox. Moncada is a beast

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    great haul for the white sox. Moncada is a beast
    Agreed! A little surprised they parted with him, but then again it is Sale. Could be one of those deals that ends up working well for both sides.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Way to ignore the 2016 AL Cy Young winner
    Touché! Hard to consider Porcello at their level but he did just win the Cy. I have a hard time seeing him repeat those numbers though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Just because you win the Winter meetings doesn’t mean you win games. Jays won the winter meetings a few yrs ago and didn’t make the playoffs.

The offense isn’t the same without Ortiz, how’s Mookie and Boegarts going to hit without that protection, Price may settle in as a 3+Era guy, Sale won’t do as well in Boston as he has in CWS. Procello won’t repeat. Wright won’t repeat. Pedroia can regress. Can they rely on Panda to play 3B now with no Shaw?

On paper the team has award winning potential based on previous yrs. But it’s still question marks to me. We all saw what happened to the Jays offense in 2016 after 2015. A headcase like Sale could disrupt a lot of things and Price being such a team guy it could create a lot of friction (Sale being a drama queen, Price being the relaxed chill guy).

I rather Sale have gone to the Nats, but just because Boston got them doesn’t mean you hand them the pennant already.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Touché! Hard to consider Porcello at their level but he did just win the Cy. I have a hard time seeing him repeat those numbers though.
    I completely agree. He's not on their level until he does it for another two + seasons. But, if he can even put up 80% of the numbers he showed last year in front of that offence, he's one of the best #3s in the league.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Just because you win the Winter meetings doesn’t mean you win games. Jays won the winter meetings a few yrs ago and didn’t make the playoffs.

The offense isn’t the same without Ortiz, how’s Mookie and Boegarts going to hit without that protection, Price may settle in as a 3+Era guy, Sale won’t do as well in Boston as he has in CWS. Procello won’t repeat. Wright won’t repeat. Pedroia can regress. Can they rely on Panda to play 3B now with no Shaw?

On paper the team has award winning potential based on previous yrs. But it’s still question marks to me. We all saw what happened to the Jays offense in 2016 after 2015. A headcase like Sale could disrupt a lot of things and Price being such a team guy it could create a lot of friction (Sale being a drama queen, Price being the relaxed chill guy).

I rather Sale have gone to the Nats, but just because Boston got them doesn’t mean you hand them the pennant already.
    Also good points. Tough to say one way or another how things may work out with all of the moving parts, but Boston has definitely put in place the guys that have a good chance to make some real noise.
    The games do still have to get played, so you're right, we can't hand them the pennant, but it is looking like a daunting task to keep this team from 95+ wins.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

The team that has "won" the offseason was always one that tried to do too much at once. Jays, Padres, Mariners were all incredibly flawed teams going into that offseason. The Red Sox are coming off a division title and have added another stud lefty to their pitching staff. Losing Ortiz is a big blow but it now allows them to use their DH position to give Hanley, Pedroia and any other guys that just need a break from playing the field.

This is baseball and you should never just hand out a pennant before games are played. But I'm having a very hard time seeing any AL East team being able to hang with the Red Sox this season.

Dobber Sports Jedi

As much as this team is going to be able to pitch, they're going to hit. Lots of fire power on this team, and it's not all longball. gap to gap and high average hitters up and down the line up.

Not to mention they added Thornburg in the set up role.

They fill that Ortiz void at DH with a big bat and jeez, it'll be hard to imagine anything shy of a division title. Maybe with Big Papi himself!?
    http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2016/12/06/210493486
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    As much as this team is going to be able to pitch, they're going to hit. Lots of fire power on this team, and it's not all longball. gap to gap and high average hitters up and down the line up.

Not to mention they added Thornburg in the set up role.

They fill that Ortiz void at DH with a big bat and jeez, it'll be hard to imagine anything shy of a division title. Maybe with Big Papi himself!?
    http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2016/12/06/210493486
    That Thornburg signing is really under the radar, and I think he will be a guy that really shows the media this year that he's worth paying attention to. Those last two innings are going to be locked down with him and Kimbrel.