Thread: Friedman interviews Tom Rowe re: Gallant firing

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Friedman interviews Tom Rowe re: Gallant firing

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Friedman interviews Tom Rowe re: Gallant firing

Ya that was kind of awkward to watch.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Must be a great position for Rowe to be in (he says sarcastically). He'll be gone in no time after being honest about how this all went down. You can't make an owner look bad publically and not face any consequences. How can Rowe do both the GM and Head Coach jobs better than with Gallant? He's clearly being set up to fail and get fired by the season's end or at least when the owner finds another monkey he can hire for his circus that is the Panthers. If there is one thing that successful franchises have, it's owners who let their management/coaches do their jobs without interference.

EDIT: Where's Dale Tallon in all of this? The President of HOCKEY OPERATIONS is strangely quiet here...
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Demi-God

EF: "...that's what we look at from outside... This doesn't make sense. This is weird."
    {It's almost as if the organization is a "mess".}

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Must be a great position for Rowe to be in (he says sarcastically). He'll be gone in no time after being honest about how this all went down. You can't make an owner look bad publically and not face any consequences. How can Rowe do both the GM and Head Coach jobs better than with Gallant? He's clearly being set up to fail and get fired by the season's end or at least when the owner finds another monkey he can hire for his circus that is the Panthers. If there is one thing that successful franchises have, it's owners who let their management/coaches do their jobs without interference.

EDIT: Where's Dale Tallon in all of this? The President of HOCKEY OPERATIONS is strangely quiet here...
    Dales to smart to mess up his retirement plan!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post

One Partner of the Panthers (Doug Cifu) was fine with it, so I am sure the Owners are fine with it and have confidence in Rowe.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league