Thread: Saros and Rinne

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Saros and Rinne

How far away is Saros from the NHL and then the starting role?

Rinne is under contract for 3(?) more years, do you think he's there until then or will Saros take over for him quicker
    H2H - Keep 3 players + 1 D - 12 teams - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 4 D, 2 G +bench.

S - G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG
    G - W, GAA, SV%, SO

C - McDavid,Scheifele,
    RW -
    LW -
    D - Reilly
    G -

H2H - Keep 4 players + 1 D - 12 - 3 C, 3 RW, 3 LW, 4 D, 2 G +bench.

S - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HITS, BLKS
    G- W, SV%, GAA, SO
    C- Seguin
    RW-Kane,Marner
    LW-
    D- Hedman
    G- Vasilevskiey

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Saros and Rinne

Rinne should probably play out his contract. Unless he decides otherwise, the net is his. He signed his deal before he turned 35 so he can retire and it wont be a cap hit for the Preds, so that could indeed happen now that he's almost 35. But I expect him to be back for at least next year.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

I can see them transitioning from next season with Sara's having starts in the 20-25 range next season and depending how he does with them will dictate whether he is a 45-55 starts kind of guy by year 3
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I can see them transitioning from next season with Sara's having starts in the 20-25 range next season and depending how he does with them will dictate whether he is a 45-55 starts kind of guy by year 3
    I agree that is a pretty likely progression for Saros. I'm just glad that Nashville doesn't have to choose between him and Rinne for the expansion draft. That would have solved the dilemma a lot faster!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Barring a significant injury or prolonged cold spell, Rinne will receive the bulk of starts this year and next. The third season (and final year of Rinne's contract) will be when Saros really pushes him for a 50/50 split or greater.

Now, if Rinne pops a hammy or groin at any time, the door will be wide open for Saros to run with it ala Matt Murray. He's talented enough to steal the job for as long as he's playing like a top starter; if he falters when Rinne is healthy then the split will come into play.

I see Saros as one of the most talented young goaltenders in the game, and if he was 6'3 he'd be trending towards super stardom. The height will always be an issue, but he's a great bet to beat those odds. I like him to be an impact fantasy producers in a couple seasons and for a good chunk of his career.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.