Thread: Giodarno a great buy low?

The Great One

Default Giodarno a great buy low?

He started last year with 8 points in his first 25 games. And ended the year with 56 points.
    That's 48 points in his last 57 games.

He started this year with pretty much the same pace. 9 points in his first 25 games. Calgary has played 27 games and he's up to 10 points now.

All I'm saying is he could definitely be had for 'cheap' in one year leagues and even keeper leagues.

The crazy part is after his first 25 games, last year and this year, he has an identical 56 shots.

He's shooting at 1.6% this year when his career average is low 7.

I expect the points to roll in. Maybe not at a .84 (69 points prorated to a full season) pace like last year but definitely more than the 30 point pace he's currently on.

Calgary's scoring is down from last year but they have been missing Gaudreau for a while now.

Giodarno is on the same shot pace, PP time and total TOI time as last season.

I see a great buy low option here.

Disclaimer. I own him and have been trying to deal him but I have a hard time trading him at a discount. But at an unsuspecting owner who knows? The trade offers I've been getting are horrible. And most GM's aren't even interested.

I'll hold on to him and hope for a .84ppg pace the rest of the way, I guess. Like what he did last year.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Giodarno a great buy low?

I managed to get him last year in a couple leagues, and will likely be looking to do the same in a few more this year. Now is definitely the time to be buying on him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think your analysis is spot on. I did the same exercise last week and aquired him in hope of the same bounce back he did last year. I think he'll start to get going soon and even more when Gaudreau comes back.
    16 teams Dynasty H2H, 25 Pro 17 Farm 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 6B
    Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

C: Mackinnon, Matthews, Seguin(RW), Stamkos(LW/RW), Couturier
    LW: E. Kane, Pacioretty, Rakell(RW), Miller(RW), Palat, Johnsson
    RW: Voracek, Dadonov(LW), Pavelski(C), Eberle, Olofsson
    D: Burns, Jones, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Weber, Fowler, D.Toews
    G: Hellebucyk, Varlamov, Mrazek

Farm: R.Suzuki, Garland, Kostin, A.Thomas, Appleton,
    Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook

Dobber Sports Star

I sure hope so - just rolled the dice on him.

Going for it this year and just shipped Hall and Klingberg for Kessel and Gio.

Our league is big time goal heavy, especially for D so I'm hoping losing assist machine Kling for Gio is not a horrible move. Not loving it.

Gio for sure a great buy low, but Calgary in general may be in for a rough year so hard to say how many points he ends up with.

Fingers crossed...
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Stud

He is a perfect buy-low guy.

As is Kopitar, but his 5 points in the last 2 games are building the value back up.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

FYI as a benchmark maybe, I managed to get Gio + 4th for Brodie + 2nd
    League 1: 10 teams Points only (Best 9F, 4D and 1G count for the season and best 8 for the playoff). Drop 4 players before a 4 round draft before season. Mini draft during all star week-end (drop one pick one available).

F: MacKinnon, Pettersson, Eichel, Barkov, Stone, Ehlers, Necas, Huberdeau, Zacha, Boldy, , Lafreniere, Cozens, Vilardi
    D: Dobson, Ekblad, DeAngelo, Seider, Bouchard, Matheson, Clarke
    G: Vasilievski, Sorokin

League 2: 14 teams, same setting.

F: Rantanen, Kyrou, Barkov, Raymond, Perfetti, Jarvis, Lundell, Lafreniere, Byfield, Holtz, Norris, Reichel, Rossi
    D: Dahlin, McAvoy, Addison, Krug, Lundkvist, Clarke
    G: Sorokin, Demko

The Great One

I saw the other Giodarno thread so I decided to bump this one.

Couldn't be more wrong on this one. Gio is on pace to have his worse year in 4 years. He has hit at least 45 points in three years (with injury riddled seasons).

He's playing about a minute less than previous years but he's still getting the hefty minutes.

I guess all of Calgary is having a pretty bad year, but has the passing of the torch from Giodarno to Hamilton begun and ended already?

For the record I cut bait and traded Giodarno in my points only keeper on Dec 27 when I sent:

Giodarno
    Markov
    Stastny

and received

1st in 2018 (around 8-11 overall)
    and two 2nd's in 2019=8 (around 17-22) overall.

The draft is pretty much all draft eligible with a few players slipping through the cracks every year.....(McAvoy, Arivdsson, Marchessault etc.)

Very happy with that trade I made.

I replaced Giodarno with Zaitsev (who was on my bench) since the trade and Zaitsev has out pointed him since.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw the other Giodarno thread so I decided to bump this one.

Couldn't be more wrong on this one. Gio is on pace to have his worse year in 4 years. He has hit at least 45 points in three years (with injury riddled seasons).

He's playing about a minute less than previous years but he's still getting the hefty minutes.

I guess all of Calgary is having a pretty bad year, but has the passing of the torch from Giodarno to Hamilton begun and ended already?

For the record I cut bait and traded Giodarno in my points only keeper on Dec 27 when I sent:

Giodarno
    Markov
    Stastny

and received

1st in 2018 (around 8-11 overall)
    and two 2nd's in 2019=8 (around 17-22) overall.

The draft is pretty much all draft eligible with a few players slipping through the cracks every year.....(McAvoy, Arivdsson, Marchessault etc.)

Very happy with that trade I made.

I replaced Giodarno with Zaitsev (who was on my bench) since the trade and Zaitsev has out pointed him since.

Dobber Sports Monster

I personally wouldn't bother. Looks very average on the ice and has had some serious injuries not too long ago and he is 33 turning 34 in october. 35 - 40 pts (high end) for next year i believe

Dobber Sports Padawan

Gio or Leddy ROS points only?

I may be able to get Gio for Leddy one for one...
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Initiate

I actually traded him and boeser for Risto in a multi cat dynasty league (HITS, BLKS). Pretty happy with my return even if I did overpay.