Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 7 / 7+

Default iPhone 7 / 7+

Need to upgrade my 6, any of you guys have the 7 or 7+?

What do you think?
    Strengths? Weaknesses?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: iPhone 7 / 7+

6 v 7

pros
    new colours?
    dust resistant and better water resistance
    louder speakers
    better/brighter display
    more ram and better performance
    better camera for sure in lower light

cons
    no headphone jack
    youre paying for a new one

you have to decide how badly you need a new one. if your 6 is just fine then you likely dont need a new one. if youre going to be upgrading no matter what and you love apple products then youll be happy with the 7. if you use your phone with a set of headphones that you really like then think hard about whether its worth the upgrade or not because those go buh bye

the 7+ is bigger so not sure if you like that or not and it comes in more colours. also has a better camera yet over the 7 and even more ram.

Dobber Sports Star

As far as I am concerned, you should move the "no headphone jack" from the "cons", to the "pros".

No question, the 7 and 7 Plus are better options, but not sure that it is worth the upgrade. Are you upgrading for a reason?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Put me in the camp that doesn't see a reason to upgrade from 6 to 7. Unless having a state-of-the-art cell phone is somehow completely tied to your livelihood, I don't get it. Any particular reason you "need" to switch?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    As far as I am concerned, you should move the "no headphone jack" from the "cons", to the "pros".

No question, the 7 and 7 Plus are better options, but not sure that it is worth the upgrade. Are you upgrading for a reason?

Rylant
    its a big con to anyone who actually uses that headphone jack.

i never upgrade my phones until i am forced to at work and then its on their dime. id use whatever phone i have until it died if it were my choice

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    its a big con to anyone who actually uses that headphone jack.
    You are actually wrong. It might be a "con" to you, but it is the right direction to go. Definitely a "pro".

Rylant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

6 v 7
    if you use your phone with a set of headphones that you really like then think hard about whether its worth the upgrade or not because those go buh bye
    This isn't true, you can still use regular 3.5mm headphones with an adapter that comes with the 7.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You are actually wrong. It might be a "con" to you, but it is the right direction to go. Definitely a "pro".

Rylant
    ah youre one of those guys who jacks off to pictures of steve jobs. gotcha.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by bergman View Post
    This isn't true, you can still use regular 3.5mm headphones with an adapter that comes with the 7.
    i know that. at least until they decide to phase that out next and then youll need a third adapter but its apple and looks pretty so the fanboys will swallow. another dongle to lose hooray. i am already enjoying the 14 different chargers and dongles kicking around my house!

Dobber Sports Star

ah youre one of those guys who jacks off to pictures of steve jobs. gotcha.
    Ya, that's what I do... Way to keep it professional. Stay classy...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Titan

I’ve never liked iPhones, and I think even Macbooks aren’t worth it anymore. If you have an iPad, iPhone, Macbook and so on, it’s good to have them all Apple because of linking them together with ease. However, iPhones seem to be nothing to write home about specifically anymore. Whatever iPhone has done, androids have done before (maybe not to the same style, but nothing iPhone does anymore is new).

Removing the headphone jack isn’t even new. Phones from the mid to late 2000s didn’t have the headphone jack to save on space. Personally, I find the no headphone jack a con. The last thing I want to do is carry around an adaptor for my headphones, and I don’t really like the Bluetooth ones because of the extra battery usage of Bluetooth. I run often, so BT isn’t ideal for me (I get home from work at 50%, I’ve run with BT headphones, I’m home from a run at like 25%). If you break or lose your BT headphones, and don’t want to use the adaptor (or lose the adaptor) you have to get BT headphones or buy normal headphones and an adaptor. Most people use a case on phones now, so the additional space saved without the jack I think personally isn’t worth no jack because you just bulk up your phone with a case afterwards.

iPhone 6s vs 7 hasn’t changed dimensionally. But the iPhone 7 home button is a fixed touch screen button now. Not a hard button like the past.

iPhone 7 removed the antenna bars from the back, so it looks cleaner. They’ve integrated a speaker into the earpiece so the sound is louder for external audio. The screen is identical to the iPhone 6 deciding to not go to with 1080p, 2k or 4k display ability, deciding 720p is fine. But I do believe they upped the brightness. It won’t look anywhere as good as Samsung tho who use their OLED technology.

iPhone 7 upped their processor tho so it gets much faster than the iPhone 6s, and faster than pretty much any android. iPhone also tried to up their camera and did very well. Adding 4k recording, upping their front camera (7mp vs 5mp), upping their aperture (1.8 vs 2.2) and they upped their flash. The worse thing about the iPhone photography was low light pics, so this helps a lot.

THE HEADPHONE JACK. Ugh, I personally am not a fan. They used this removal to say they increased the space inside to make more room for a larger battery. BUT the new space was used to put in the touch screen home button. So there’s barely any battery performance upgrade. You get a better life with the new processor inside, not added space from the removal of the headphone jack. Another disappointing feature on the iPhones was they didn’t equip it with wireless charging or a fast charge either. Both have been in the android community for yrs now, it’s more or less just disappointing they don’t do these upgrades.

The iPhone 7 ditched the 16GB versions, but a 32GB iPhone 7 is roughly the same price as the 128GB iPhone 6s. So is the small amount of upgrades in an iPhone 7 worth 1/4 of the space as an iPhone 6s?

Also, iPhone is coming out with an DRASTICALLY different iPhone in 2017 that’s apparently “All Glass” Edge iPhone.

I’d wait for that to see how much it is, and how much iPhone 7’s drop.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Rylant
    The location services don't work on my iPhone 6 which makes driving for work extremely difficult sometimes, so I use a separate device to use the 'Waze' app.
    And work pays for everything so since my device is paid off it doesn't really make sense not to upgrade since i'll have a work phone for the rest of my life lol.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I got an Iphone 7plus, it's awesome and easy to use. I'll be the first to admit that I went after that phone for the faster processor cause I play FFRK.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

The Great One

Lot's of folks I know are in no rush to upgrade their 6 to any version of the 7, FWIW.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ya, that's what I do... Way to keep it professional. Stay classy...

Rylant
    aint no need to be classy. i laid out some facts and you pulled some bullshit about how wrong I was. had you kept it at an opinion instead of flat out stating i was wrong then perhaps we could have had a good conversation. as it stands you just came off as an apple sit and spinner like a lot of others. the truth is for lots of people having to use yet another dongle is an absolute issue. i can get it that for you its not an issue but to flat out claim i am wrong is just moronic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    The location services don't work on my iPhone 6 which makes driving for work extremely difficult sometimes, so I use a separate device to use the 'Waze' app.
    And work pays for everything so since my device is paid off it doesn't really make sense not to upgrade since i'll have a work phone for the rest of my life lol.
    if you like the apple ecosystem and its getting upgraded for free then youll be very happy with the 7 or 7+.