Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Traded Holtby

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Traded Holtby

Almost always a better idea to post the trade before the deal is closed than after. Exceptions are when its a no-brainer and you dont want to waste time on accepting when the OGM could wake up and change his mind.

Triangulation of the deal from unbiased 3rd party opinions is a real help and hopefully more newbies will see this and do likewise.

In closing, if you are happy with the return, that's great, since we mostly play this game for fun (though the $$ and the glory are also nice benes). But one thing the community here has always helped me with is to see if I am getting the maximum return I should be on each asset I move. I mostly do deals regardless of what the guys here say, but often I get more for my efforts because one or more posters correctly judge the deal to have more meat on the bone for me to chisel out an extra or upgraded player, pick or prospect that can pay big dividends down the road. My $0.02.

Dobber Sports Genius

I agree with the rest.

In a 20 team league with 2G and 3 minimum GP per week you gave away something that should have been untouchable.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Apprentice

UPDATE-

So my gamble on trading Holtby worked out in the short term. I finished 2nd in the regular season and won the championship in the playoffs. My bet on Bob staying healthy and rolling with thin G depth worked out. Actually had I kept Holtby, he would have tanked me in the playoffs. I ended up trading Ghost(6.3) for Gio(5.4) + Boeser (P). I also moved Domingue(2.75) for a 3rd. Losing Shultz in the deal stung but I knew I would lose him to UFA after the season. All in all I'm still happy with the move. Betting on Mik Granlund over B.Ryan really helped. Also now having D.Strome and Boeser on the cheap for the next three seasons has me excited. My G depth for next season has me worried but there's some G UFA's I can target. I have Pickard but with Varly back and a crappy Av's team I think I should go the UFA route. In my league, G's are way overpriced and we all know G's are voodoo.

J.Gibson(have lots of cap work to do, in order to sign),P.Grubauer,J.Howard, S.Darling, R.Miller, M.Smith, P.Budaj

Thoughts on who I should target?
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey