Thread: Who to target in 3 for 1 trade?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Who to target in 3 for 1 trade?

League and team in signature. It looks like Eichel will return soon and I don't think Landeskogs injury is too serious. So, instead of just droping someone I want to try and trade for an upgrade.

Any ideas for a "buy low" players to target? Remember, in this situation I need to overpay and I should also mention that people are not too keen on trading in this league. So this will definitely not land me Crosby or Benn, but a slight upgrade would be nice. Also, someone like Simmonds or Weber are probably out of the question, they have huge value with these cats.

Something like Turris, Marner and Landeskog for MacKinnon? I know it sounds crazy, but my reasoning behind this is:

-MacKinnon > Marner (in this league anyway, because of FOW)
    -Eichel > Turris (I need to "get rid" of a C to activate Eichel so it is either Turris or Hanzal)
    -Landeskog - I actually think he is my weakest LW. He is so overrated in multicat leagues, but his hits, shots and pims are down for each year since his rookie season.

With EK, McD, Holtby, Kuch, Eichel, Scheifele... none of the above mentioned players will be my keepers.
    12 teams, Yahoo H2H, daily, keep 5.

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN, IR+
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Pettersson
    LW: M.Tkachuk (+RW), Zucker (+RW), Coleman (+RW), N.Foligno (+C)
    RW: Kucherov, Svechnikov (+LW), W.Nylander (+C), Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Hughes,Doughty, Ekblad, Hronek, McNabb, Cernak
    G: Lehner, Grubauer, Francouz
    IR+:

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Who to target in 3 for 1 trade?

MacKinnon, Forsberg, Johansen, Couture, Huberdeau on a smaller level (and then you can stash him on your IR slot). Tough to really say without knowing teams in your league and their needs. Sometimes it's easier to target a team than it is a specific player for this kind of thing.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    ... Sometimes it's easier to target a team than it is a specific player for this kind of thing.
    This is true! I've send the offer I mentioned in OP to a team that has Henrique and Pageau at C and just lost J.Staal (C/LW), so I believe Turris and Landeskog would fit nicely there. Let's see if the other manager gives up MacKinnon.

Forsberg is a nice target too, thank you. I'd probably wait with C-only players like Johansen and Couture, as I already have McDavid, Eichel, Scheifele and Turris/Hanzal.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by tomastop View Post
    League and team in signature. It looks like Eichel will return soon and I don't think Landeskogs injury is too serious. So, instead of just droping someone I want to try and trade for an upgrade.

Any ideas for a "buy low" players to target? Remember, in this situation I need to overpay and I should also mention that people are not too keen on trading in this league. So this will definitely not land me Crosby or Benn, but a slight upgrade would be nice. Also, someone like Simmonds or Weber are probably out of the question, they have huge value with these cats.

Something like Turris, Marner and Landeskog for MacKinnon? I know it sounds crazy, but my reasoning behind this is:

-MacKinnon > Marner (in this league anyway, because of FOW)
    -Eichel > Turris (I need to "get rid" of a C to activate Eichel so it is either Turris or Hanzal)
    -Landeskog - I actually think he is my weakest LW. He is so overrated in multicat leagues, but his hits, shots and pims are down for each year since his rookie season.

With EK, McD, Holtby, Kuch, Eichel, Scheifele... none of the above mentioned players will be my keepers.
    Pretty sound logic to me. If you can't get Mack, I would definitely try and get Forsberg to upgrade your LWs. You can probably do a 2 for 1 for Forsberg and then you still have a decent player on your bench...we're only 1/4 into the season, so it's always nice to have a solid back up for when there are injuries.
    14 Team | Keep 5 | H2H Weekly Lock
    Start: 2 x C, LW, RW | 4 x D | 1 x G

Scoring System:

+/- (0.5), G (3), A (2), PIM (0.25), PPG (1), PPA (1), SHG (2), ShG (1), BLK (0.1), HIT (0.1), GWG (1), HT (2)
    W (5), SHO (3), S (0.2), GA (-1), ShSv (0.2)

Dobber Sports Pro

I got Gaudreau for Marner, Landeskog and Turris. Not sure if it's good or not, but now I can activate Eichel.
    12 teams, Yahoo H2H, daily, keep 5.

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN, IR+
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Pettersson
    LW: M.Tkachuk (+RW), Zucker (+RW), Coleman (+RW), N.Foligno (+C)
    RW: Kucherov, Svechnikov (+LW), W.Nylander (+C), Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Hughes,Doughty, Ekblad, Hronek, McNabb, Cernak
    G: Lehner, Grubauer, Francouz
    IR+: