Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fleury, Bishop landing spots

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Fleury, Bishop landing spots

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Another darkhorse team to make changes in net is Buffalo. Lehner is an RFA so they aren't necessarily committed to him. They did pay to get him, but Tim Murray is impatient and we already see him moving on from Kane who he just acquired. He's having a good year though so maybe they don't look for an upgrade (I feel TB and Pitt wont want to deal their goalies in the same conference if possible)
    there's a big difference between lehner and kane. murray knew lehner from their Ottawa days, which is why he has so much faith in him and was willing to pay so much to get him. he's not gonna just move on from him quickly. plus, lehner has been quite good when he isn't injured.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    Dallas and Calgary have already been mentioned as possible destinations for Fleury so I won't go there.

These are teams that could do with some improvement in net:

Coyotes
    Hurricanes
    NYI
    Philly
    Winnipeg

Of the teams listed above I can see Fleury not wanting to play in Carolina and Arizona to an extent. The Coyotes have a bright future but I doubt Fleury would want to wait that long to compete. Trades between rivalries rarely happen, so Philly is doubtful. The Islanders are also in the same division as the Penguins and a trade between them is unlikely.

I believe that Winnipeg would be the best destination for Fleury.

Winnipeg is not far off from competing for the Cup. They have strength in almost every position now, with some talented prospects coming up in the system. Their goaltending has always been suspect and although there is hope that Hellebuyck will be the answer, that remains to be seen. A tandem of Fleury and Hellebuyck would be very good for Winnipeg.

- Pittsburgh could use some improvement on D and are built to win now.

Winnipeg has many good D-men that Pittsburgh would love to have. It was rumoured that the Jets would trade Trouba sometime in the near future. He is signed to a good contract and would immediately jump to the top half of the Pens depth chart.

Trouba would be ideal but Myers and to a very lesser extent, Logan Stanley ++ would be a good return for Fleury.

Maybe I'm just a wishful Penguins fan but I see this as being mutually beneficial for both teams. Pittsburgh has depth in a position that Winnipeg could use. Winnipeg is in a position to compete in the near future and has depth in a lot of areas on their team. Does it make too much sense for it to happen?
    "The other move flowing through my head was a Winnipeg deal involving Jacob Trouba. That one could really help both sides." - Elliotte Friedman: #16 In his latest 30 thoughts article

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/3...-van-riemsdyk/

How does that old saying go about brilliant minds thinking alike?

Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Fleury:
    I don't see any Eastern rivals giving the Penguins any help.

I think that Fleury ends up in Dallas, unless they are on his no-move list, because the Penguins must move him to protect Murray, and they need to get someone else back to expose. Not a lot of Western teams make sense.

Western teams with no need: CHI, MIN, SJS, ANA

Western teams who may have need, but Fleury may not fit, or isn't enough of an upgrade: STL, NSH, EDM

Bad teams: ARI, VAN, COL

Western team who has injury issue, may be a fit: LAK

That leaves CGY, WPG, DAL - three teams who are currently on the playoff bubble, and could use some help.

I'm not convinced WPG would do that with Hellebuyck taking over this year, and them being a young team with budget issues. I do think CGY was interested, but it didn't materialize last summer, so they got Elliott - luckily for them just for this year.

I'm not sure Fleury would want Winnipeg or Calgary, but he may have to take one of those gigs. Vegas makes some sense, but they'd have to do something to get another goalie on their roster to leave unprotected before trading Fleury to Vegas for future considerations.

Bishop:
    He is a lot harder to figure, as he's a FA and anyone with money and interest could sign him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    there's a big difference between lehner and kane. murray knew lehner from their Ottawa days, which is why he has so much faith in him and was willing to pay so much to get him. he's not gonna just move on from him quickly. plus, lehner has been quite good when he isn't injured.
    "“I’ll be curious to see whether Robin Lehner’s name gets into the trade market or not because Robin Lehner is up for a contract right now. He’s got salary arb and he’s probably got a pretty good case that could result in him getting well in excess of $4 million a year – maybe even $4-5 million. And I don’t know if the new regime in Buffalo has decided that he’s their No. 1 goalie."

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/fri...ade-potential/

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    "The other move flowing through my head was a Winnipeg deal involving Jacob Trouba. That one could really help both sides." - Elliotte Friedman: #16 In his latest 30 thoughts article

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/3...-van-riemsdyk/

How does that old saying go about brilliant minds thinking alike?

Do you really want to know the full saying?

Great minds think alike, small minds rarely differ.

Not suggesting either side... you just asked for the quote

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    "“I’ll be curious to see whether Robin Lehner’s name gets into the trade market or not because Robin Lehner is up for a contract right now. He’s got salary arb and he’s probably got a pretty good case that could result in him getting well in excess of $4 million a year – maybe even $4-5 million. And I don’t know if the new regime in Buffalo has decided that he’s their No. 1 goalie."

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/fri...ade-potential/
    I would not be shocked if Buffalo walked away from a huge arbitration award. (Just as I wouldn't be shocked if Colin White turns into a really good NHL player). I can't tell you have many expletives I used when that trade was announced