Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fleury, Bishop landing spots

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Fleury, Bishop landing spots

i know this topic has been talked about too much already, but where do you all see fleury and bishop next season. everyone assumes one will go to dallas and the other to calgary. are there any other suitors? would bishop sign in las vegas (they'd give him a huge deal, but would have a horrible team in front of him)? bishop already had a chance to sign a contract extension with calgary this summer and it didn't work out (which is why the flames acquired elliott instead of him. boy, that one didn't work out well, didn't it!).
    or are there any other suitors for them? i'm gonna say bishop to dallas, and fleury is too hard to call for me (can't see him accepting a trade to calgary).

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Fleury, Bishop landing spots

Frankly, I don't see either one going to Dallas until if/when they figure out how to move one of Lehtonen/Niemi out. They wouldn't buy out Lehtonen last summer but perhaps they'd be willing to do so this summer.

But if either of these two is going to be traded to Dallas before the deadline, the other team is going to have to take one or the other back, or they're going to have to find a way to off-load one of them elsewhere.

I've given up guessing what the Stars are going to do about this situation. I was certain Lehtonen had played his last game in a Stars uni after the playoffs last spring. We all see what happened there. If Bishop makes it to free agency, I'd think buying out Kari and signing Bishop to be a possible scenario.

Just my $0.02

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

My guess is Bishop to Vegas and Fleury to Calgary. There just aren't many teams who can offer 7 years and $7M per to Bishop but Vegas has that option.

I could see something like Fleury for Elliott+Andersson happening closer to the trade deadline.

The Stars are likely going to continue with Lehtonen and Niemi for one more year because they don't want to buy out either of them.

Dobber Sports Rookie

One would need to find out where Fluery can block a trade to. I believe there are 18 teams that can be blocked. Until you can find out that answer, you can't have logical discussion IMO.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Bruins View Post
    One would need to find out where Fluery can block a trade to. I believe there are 18 teams that can be blocked. Until you can find out that answer, you can't have logical discussion IMO.
    Fleury can block 12 teams, leaving 18 possibilities.

Dobber Sports Veteran

The most likely destinations for both are Dallas, Calgary, Vegas and NYI.

If I was betting on their landing spots, I'd say TB hangs on to Bishop for another cup run (I'm not sure that trading him will net something something significant enough to help the cup run, whereas if they trade him and Vas falters or gets hurt, they wouldn't have a good backup option), he hits FA and Vegas offers him a very nice deal.

Fleury to Calgary has seemingly had steam all year. I'm not sure a deal happens at the deadline (For many of the same reasons as Tampa and Bishop) but I could see this happening after the season and before the expansion.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Bruins View Post
    I'm sure he can change his list if he wants to. The Penguins will explore all possibilities and then contact him and say "You know what, only this team has shown real interest in you. We know they're not on your list but what do you think?" Not sure if Fleury wants to stay in Pittsburgh if the team doesn't want him there anymore.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    The most likely destinations for both are Dallas, Calgary, Vegas and NYI.

If I was betting on their landing spots, I'd say TB hangs on to Bishop for another cup run (I'm not sure that trading him will net something something significant enough to help the cup run, whereas if they trade him and Vas falters or gets hurt, they wouldn't have a good backup option), he hits FA and Vegas offers him a very nice deal.

Fleury to Calgary has seemingly had steam all year. I'm not sure a deal happens at the deadline (For many of the same reasons as Tampa and Bishop) but I could see this happening after the season and before the expansion.

Tampa and Pitt are two entirely different situations and cannot be viewed the same. Tampa is not compelled to trade Bishop because Bishop is not preventing them from protecting the tender they need to protect, which is Vas.

Fleury however is directly blocking the Pens from protecting the goalie that they need to protect, Murray. For that reason, the Pens will trade Fleury before the deadline, provided that they can find a trade partner whom Fleury cannot refuse.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Tampa and Pitt are two entirely different situations and cannot be viewed the same. Tampa is not compelled to trade Bishop because Bishop is not preventing them from protecting the tender they need to protect, which is Vas.

Fleury however is directly blocking the Pens from protecting the goalie that they need to protect, Murray. For that reason, the Pens will trade Fleury before the deadline, provided that they can find a trade partner whom Fleury cannot refuse.
    Correct sir, I forgot about the no-trade clause rule with respect to the expansion. So yes, he likely gets moved prior to the deadline.

Now I'm off to try and buy low on him

Dobber Sports Genius

I'll guess Bishop to Arizona and Fleury to Vancouver...
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Superstar

Correct sir, I forgot about the no-trade clause rule with respect to the expansion. So yes, he likely gets moved prior to the deadline.

Now I'm off to try and buy low on him
    Now, what I'm not clear on is when Fleury would need to be traded. It might be that as long as he is traded prior to June 17, they can then protect Murray. I believe they could move Fleury after the season but prior to that date.

If that's the case, it begs the question: If the Pens have a taker at the deadline, do they pull the trigger? Or do they risk finding a taker in that window prior to the expansion deadline?

That could burn them and they also yield whatever leverage they have. I'd expect that they'll move him at the deadline if they can.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Now, what I'm not clear on is when Fleury would need to be traded. It might be that as long as he is traded prior to June 17, they can then protect Murray. I believe they could move Fleury after the season but prior to that date.

If that's the case, it begs the question: If the Pens have a taker at the deadline, do they pull the trigger? Or do they risk finding a taker in that window prior to the expansion deadline?

That could burn them and they also yield whatever leverage they have. I'd expect that they'll move him at the deadline if they can.
    I've wondered the same thing. My very limited understanding is that there would be a window after the season. But if I'm the Pens and I can guarantee a deal is done at the deadline I think they would have to. That's a massive risk leading up to the expansion if they can't get a deal done and end up having to expose Murray.

Even if they have a deal in place at the deadline for pennies on the dollar I think they have to take it to ensure they protect their future.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I've wondered the same thing. My very limited understanding is that there would be a window after the season. But if I'm the Pens and I can guarantee a deal is done at the deadline I think they would have to. That's a massive risk leading up to the expansion if they can't get a deal done and end up having to expose Murray.

Even if they have a deal in place at the deadline for pennies on the dollar I think they have to take it to ensure they protect their future.
    Yes, the Penguins can trade Fleury after the season and before the expansion draft protections are made but that's a small window and they probably don't want to take that risk.

Dobber Sports Ace

Dallas and Calgary have already been mentioned as possible destinations for Fleury so I won't go there.

These are teams that could do with some improvement in net:

Coyotes
    Hurricanes
    NYI
    Philly
    Winnipeg

Of the teams listed above I can see Fleury not wanting to play in Carolina and Arizona to an extent. The Coyotes have a bright future but I doubt Fleury would want to wait that long to compete. Trades between rivalries rarely happen, so Philly is doubtful. The Islanders are also in the same division as the Penguins and a trade between them is unlikely.

I believe that Winnipeg would be the best destination for Fleury.

Winnipeg is not far off from competing for the Cup. They have strength in almost every position now, with some talented prospects coming up in the system. Their goaltending has always been suspect and although there is hope that Hellebuyck will be the answer, that remains to be seen. A tandem of Fleury and Hellebuyck would be very good for Winnipeg.

- Pittsburgh could use some improvement on D and are built to win now.

Winnipeg has many good D-men that Pittsburgh would love to have. It was rumoured that the Jets would trade Trouba sometime in the near future. He is signed to a good contract and would immediately jump to the top half of the Pens depth chart.

Trouba would be ideal but Myers and to a very lesser extent, Logan Stanley ++ would be a good return for Fleury.

Maybe I'm just a wishful Penguins fan but I see this as being mutually beneficial for both teams. Pittsburgh has depth in a position that Winnipeg could use. Winnipeg is in a position to compete in the near future and has depth in a lot of areas on their team. Does it make too much sense for it to happen?
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Monster

Another darkhorse team to make changes in net is Buffalo. Lehner is an RFA so they aren't necessarily committed to him. They did pay to get him, but Tim Murray is impatient and we already see him moving on from Kane who he just acquired. He's having a good year though so maybe they don't look for an upgrade (I feel TB and Pitt wont want to deal their goalies in the same conference if possible)

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry