Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Dougie Hamilton to Toronto?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: [Rumor] Dougie Hamilton to Toronto?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Entire league is scouting the game tonight between the Isles and Calgary so I would think where there is smoke there probably is fire..... Pretty sure that both Hamonic and Hamilton are on the move. As for the Leafs I see the Isles as much better trading partners than Calgary. JVR+ for Hamonic makes sense to me. Considering there is no way the Leafs move one of the big 4 for Hamilton and I don't see JVR as a fit there I don't see a match. Don't think any of the other prospects on the Leafs hold the weight to acquire Hamilton
    How's JVR not a fit there? I think he's fitting quite fine and he's the only legit net presence we have with that big body and those soft hands.

Nice to see you're still trolling these forums from time to time

Dobber Sports Sage

Hi buddy!!! I wasn't saying he is not a fit in T.O. He has been playing the best hockey of his career this year. I was saying I don't really see him as a fit in Calgary, with Tkachuk and Guadreau both playing the Left side... I'm cool with keeping JVR but if the Leafs are really interested at picking up a legit top 4 he looks like the best option to move. I don't think that Kadri is going anywhere and positive they won't be silly enough to move MNM
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Pretty sure Dougie Hamilton isn't getting traded. That is all.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    How's JVR not a fit there? I think he's fitting quite fine and he's the only legit net presence we have with that big body and those soft hands.

Nice to see you're still trolling these forums from time to time
    I also said I don’t see Calgary paying the premium price of JvR/Hamilton so they can push Tkachuk to the 3rd line. Calgary doesn’t have a hole besides Goalie and I say RW.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

JVR isn't going to get a top 4D like hamilton/hamonic, especially when he could potentially walk for nothing in a couple seasons.

isles need a RW, and the flames are better off giving more minutes to Tkachuk as he's been a nice surprise.

i think it's still a bit too early to trade JVR anyways, can't thrust this much responsibility on the kids even though theyve been the leafs best players so far. TDD is the earliest i'd consider moving JVR, and I'd even consider retaining 50% if the package is really good. I don't see why we can't get a good prospect + mid/late 1st for him at minimum.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    JVR isn't going to get a top 4D like hamilton/hamonic, especially when he could potentially walk for nothing in a couple seasons.

isles need a RW, and the flames are better off giving more minutes to Tkachuk as he's been a nice surprise.

i think it's still a bit too early to trade JVR anyways, can't thrust this much responsibility on the kids even though theyve been the leafs best players so far. TDD is the earliest i'd consider moving JVR, and I'd even consider retaining 50% if the package is really good. I don't see why we can't get a good prospect + mid/late 1st for him at minimum.
    I rather keep JvR (2nd favourite only behind Marner) than trade him at this point. Toronto’s LW are very thin besides him. The 2nd line LW is Hyman, then it’s Komarov. It’s hard to find someone who can play with talent and it looks like JvR (and Bozak for that matter) can keep up to Marner.

Toronto has a fair amount of D guys who can develop into top 4s, I rather wait it out and see, and the way this season looks, we’ll get a lottery pick again (finishing 10th), and can draft who the team likes at that position rather than BPA when you get near the top of a draft. And going into the expansion draft, I rather hold onto 3D so you can keep more forwards. Rielly, Gardiner, and maybe Carrick.

As most fans should say as a Leaf, just hold onto what you got, JvR is a UFA n 2018, just hold.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I rather keep JvR (2nd favourite only behind Marner) than trade him at this point. Toronto’s LW are very thin besides him. The 2nd line LW is Hyman, then it’s Komarov. It’s hard to find someone who can play with talent and it looks like JvR (and Bozak for that matter) can keep up to Marner.

Toronto has a fair amount of D guys who can develop into top 4s, I rather wait it out and see, and the way this season looks, we’ll get a lottery pick again (finishing 10th), and can draft who the team likes at that position rather than BPA when you get near the top of a draft. And going into the expansion draft, I rather hold onto 3D so you can keep more forwards. Rielly, Gardiner, and maybe Carrick.

As most fans should say as a Leaf, just hold onto what you got, JvR is a UFA n 2018, just hold.
    Well I understand your point completely I would personally move him for a nice package at the deadline if I could or sooner if a legit top 4 is available. May or may not get that but the way he is playing I think they could with maybe a 2nd attached. We really have no need for anymore picks at the moment unless they're 1st as out farm will be completely filled with kids next year.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Maybe i missed something, but what is the reason that Calgary would trade Hamilton? He supposed to be part of their young core or not?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
    Maybe i missed something, but what is the reason that Calgary would trade Hamilton? He supposed to be part of their young core or not?
    Calgary is really struggling offensively...I think they could use a top 6 forward. They have Giordano and Brodie, so theoretically they could trade Hamilton and still have a solid defense. That said, no way they are trading Hamilton for peanuts (even though it only cost peanuts to acquire him).

If the Leafs are willing to deal Nylander, I'm sure Calgary would listen, but I doubt Toronto would make that trade, even if it makes sense for both teams.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Would Calgary want JvR? Gaudreau and Tkachuk as their LW, do they want JvR to push one of them off their position? Obviously any team would want JvR for the right price, but if Calgary was to trade Hamilton wouldn’t they want a RW?
    Wingers can switch sides, not a huge deal. Tkachuk is young, so he could learn to play RW pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Wingers can switch sides, not a huge deal. Tkachuk is young, so he could learn to play RW pretty easily.
    The issue isn't the side they play, it's that they're all left handed shots. But again, Hamilton isn't getting traded, so it's irrelevant.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Hmm... not sure Hamilton is Leafland bound.... if they make a trade for a top 4 Dman,

I'm expecting it to be more in the mold of Hamonic, Vlasic, Muzzin, Brodie, or Stone to a lesser degree. Someone known for his own end first, but is still efficient moving and passing the puck out of his own end. Likely less of a concern about how much offense the Dman can provide to the Defence core... just solid, responsible stability

Disclaimer ** names listed are not names I think will be moved, but the type of player Toronto is looking for.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The issue isn't the side they play, it's that they're all left handed shots. But again, Hamilton isn't getting traded, so it's irrelevant.
    Doesn't seem to be an issue for Ovechkin, Kane, Tarasenko, Laine, Radulov, Voracek, etc. - I would say that it's more of an issue for D-men to play the "wrong" side, not so much for wingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Doesn't seem to be an issue for Ovechkin, Kane, Tarasenko, Laine, Radulov, Voracek, etc. - I would say that it's more of an issue for D-men to play the "wrong" side, not so much for wingers.
    From a Calgary perspective, not a player perspective. Gaudreau, Monahan, Bennett, Tkachuk, Frolik, Backlund are all LH shots. They don't need another LH shot. It's nothing to do with what a player can do, but rather what Calgary as a team needs, and that is most certainly not another LH shot.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd rather the leafs keep all their forward talent and continue to tank with their porous offense for another high draft pick this season