Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Dougie Hamilton to Toronto?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default [Rumor] Dougie Hamilton to Toronto?

Aivis Kalniņš
    Aivis Kalniņš – ‏@A_Kalnins

Heard rumblings that Leafs are talking to Flames regarding Dougie Hamilton, now people reporting that Flames GM is at ACC.
    16:04 - 26 nov. 2016
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: [Rumor] Dougie Hamilton to Toronto?

Did you hear about the part where Tavares would be joining the Leafs soon after?

Dobber Sports Master

I heard something about Gretzky becoming a Leaf too.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Monster

Not sure I trust Kalnins. Guy seems to be somewhat in the know, but I have also seen him parroting out Friedman info right after his radio hits as if he heard it himself.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ace

Howard Berger, who was at 590 for eons and still sorta follows the Leafs, wrote a blog article this week about how his sources in Arizona were saying the Leafs were looking at OEL. http://betweentheposts.ca/2016/11/ol...kman-leafsson/

I was like, give me a bleeping break. I know Howard is legit, and he may actually be on to something. But legit #1 dmen don't grow on trees. And teams that have them don't just trade them away for shits and giggles. Especially when the reasoning is "well, they have Chychrun and DeAngelo".

Just another very good player who - of course - Toronto is going to get

Dobber Sports Pro

At least this clears up the hamilton question I had.
    It was confusing that one day Hamilton sucks, then next he is good.

Universal measuring stick --- if people are making fun of Leafs fans for predicting a trade ---- He is good.

Phew, I almost traded him

Dobber Sports Giant

He's so underrated imo. Fantasy wise he's been as good as hedman for the last two seasons, but has way less of a name. Anyways im a nyr fan. I've heard the same sh:& as leafs fan hear. Everyone is coming here.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Rookie

If you want to believe a rumor, the one with Hamilton and NYR is the most legit. Klein and Miller were talked about. I would say NO WAY OEL is leaving AZ.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Howard Berger, who was at 590 for eons and still sorta follows the Leafs, wrote a blog article this week about how his sources in Arizona were saying the Leafs were looking at OEL. http://betweentheposts.ca/2016/11/ol...kman-leafsson/

I was like, give me a bleeping break. I know Howard is legit, and he may actually be on to something. But legit #1 dmen don't grow on trees. And teams that have them don't just trade them away for shits and giggles. Especially when the reasoning is "well, they have Chychrun and DeAngelo".

Just another very good player who - of course - Toronto is going to get
    I don't see OEL being traded, not at all. Chychrun and DeAngelo are good young players but neither of them have the upside to become what OEL already is, and that's a true #1 D-man and a one of the best D-men in the world. Chychrun and DeAngelo both project to become 2nd pair D-men and could actually be a good pair because one of them shoots left and one shoots right, and also DeAngelo is pure offense while Chychrun is more of a defensive player.

Hamilton being traded I can see much more easily. Both Toronto and the Rangers make sense as destinations but the Rangers especially need to send a lot of salary back if they were to acquire Hamilton.

Dobber Sports Ace

Hamilton, I could see. There's been way too much smoke around him to think he can't/won't be moved.
    But he'll cost you, even if there's all these rumours around how well he's liked in the room, etc.
    So what's it going to take?

OEL, no way.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I wouldn't be shocked if Hamilton was made available, nor would I be surprised if Toronto were in serious discussions regarding him. The cost would be high, but I wonder would there be a way to get it done without Marner/Matthews/Nylander/Reilly being involved... probably not.

OEL isn't being moved, I think that's a pretty ridiculous rumor. I think Stone could be a nice buy-low for some team though needing a solid 2nd pairing guy.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if Hamilton was made available, nor would I be surprised if Toronto were in serious discussions regarding him. The cost would be high, but I wonder would there be a way to get it done without Marner/Matthews/Nylander/Reilly being involved... probably not.

OEL isn't being moved, I think that's a pretty ridiculous rumor. I think Stone could be a nice buy-low for some team though needing a solid 2nd pairing guy.
    I doubt Toronto would even consider it if one of those 4 were involved... Maybe JVR?

Good point about Stone, I agree.

Dobber Sports Titan

Would Calgary want JvR? Gaudreau and Tkachuk as their LW, do they want JvR to push one of them off their position? Obviously any team would want JvR for the right price, but if Calgary was to trade Hamilton wouldn’t they want a RW?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post

I don't think Hamilton is as valuable as you think when you consider his contract; it's not terrible, but it knocks down the type of return they will get at this point. There is zero chance Calgary gets anything close to Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Rielly for him, from Toronto or anyone else. The price tag is more likely to be a couple of medium high younger prospect and a 2nd or 3rd.

They are better off hoping he rounds into form than trying to trade him right now.

OEL on the other hand is a pipe dream, further solidified by the fact that it came from Berger. There's a reason he was let go by the FAN years ago. He would cost more than teams would be willing to pay, and Arizona isn't going to lower the price tag.

Dobber Sports Sage

Entire league is scouting the game tonight between the Isles and Calgary so I would think where there is smoke there probably is fire..... Pretty sure that both Hamonic and Hamilton are on the move. As for the Leafs I see the Isles as much better trading partners than Calgary. JVR+ for Hamonic makes sense to me. Considering there is no way the Leafs move one of the big 4 for Hamilton and I don't see JVR as a fit there I don't see a match. Don't think any of the other prospects on the Leafs hold the weight to acquire Hamilton
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.