Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Big old McDavid offer...

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Big old McDavid offer...

Well, here we are again..another day, another GM in my league trying to snag Connor McDavid off me.

The most recent offer is a 'pick-um' style and looks like this:

My McDavid and Juuse Saros in exchange for Matt Murray and my choice of:

Tarasenko or Gaudreau (pick one)
    OEL or Werenski (pick one)

Would any combination of these players be enticing enough to move McD?

There are a few other options I could pursue...

• I could try and get Tarasenko AND Gaudreau (maybe Panarin) instead of the dman and would likely ship a forward prospect like Boeser or Barzal back..
    • I could attempt to get Laine or Eichel in over Tarasenko/Gaudreau - youth is wildly rated in my league
    • I could attempt to really push him to add Panarin to the original deal and add that forward prospect heading back (Murray, Panarin, OEL/Werenski, and Tank/Johnny)
    • Or I could simply stay put with the best asset out there.

I'm infatuated with Matt Murray and see him as a potential top five fantasy goalie; one capable of leading our league in total points. He's a serious crown jewel in my mind and the perfect keeper replacement for Lundqvist as he moves into senility.. (jokes, but father time catches us all)

Thoughts? Comments? Outrage at the sheer volume of superstars I have on my squad (I get that a lot)

Thanks! Rep. Rep.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Big old McDavid offer...

Nah.

Mostly because your team is strong enough that you don`t need to downgrade your elite to upgrade your depth.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I wouldn't trade mcdavid for those pieces especially when he's trying to tell you to pick between. You're the mcdavid owner lol

Off note, how do you possibly get all those superstars onto one team, mindblowing

Dobber Sports Giant

It's a decent offer, but in your format, you'd be forced to forfeit 2 of your current 17 keepers. As it stands, it's either vets like Thornton/Hornqvist or prospects like Barzal/Keller.

I'd stand pat with that offer but try to get ONLY Murray from him for other pieces. He seems to want Saros so you could throw him in to a potential deal. See what he needs (forward or D) and go after him, knowing that he's willing to move him.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by tictactao View Post
    I wouldn't trade mcdavid for those pieces especially when he's trying to tell you to pick between. You're the mcdavid owner lol

Off note, how do you possibly get all those superstars onto one team, mindblowing
    I think the pick between option is to make it more tempting for me as I can choose which combo I want to move on.

I made this team through a TON of wheeling and dealing and as the balance of power shifted into the hands of 4 or 5 teams, the other squads have decided their time is in the future and have been selling off prime assets for youthful potential. It's driven the price of young talent waaaay up, but has also allowed myself and a couple other contenders to lock down a bunch of sweet players at the cost of good scouting and drafting of teenagers.

Not everyone in the league is pumped about it, and we may look at moving up our 'reset' year where we drop from 17 keepers to 5 in the 8th year instead of every 10 years as originally planned.
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    It's a decent offer, but in your format, you'd be forced to forfeit 2 of your current 17 keepers. As it stands, it's either vets like Thornton/Hornqvist or prospects like Barzal/Keller.

I'd stand pat with that offer but try to get ONLY Murray from him for other pieces. He seems to want Saros so you could throw him in to a potential deal. See what he needs (forward or D) and go after him, knowing that he's willing to move him.

That's pretty much how we got into this discussion.. I was after Murray and maybe Werenski, but Murray being the true target. He's said on numerous occasions that Murray would only go out the door in a package to land McDavid and so here we are.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    That's pretty much how we got into this discussion.. I was after Murray and maybe Werenski, but Murray being the true target. He's said on numerous occasions that Murray would only go out the door in a package to land McDavid and so here we are.
    Murray isn't worth that much. I'd just stop pursuing.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I wouldn't move McDavid. Murray could be a top 5 goalie. But he also might not be. McDavid already is a top 5 player and for many years to come. Try and work a smaller deal for Murray.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If or when your league goes to 5 keepers mcdavid will be hands down best player in the world if he's not already, you're team can already win with your team as is, I'd honestly move Crosby before Mcjesus
    H2H - Keep 3 players + 1 D - 12 teams - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 4 D, 2 G +bench.

S - G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG
    G - W, GAA, SV%, SO

C - McDavid,Scheifele,
    RW -
    LW -
    D - Reilly
    G -

H2H - Keep 4 players + 1 D - 12 - 3 C, 3 RW, 3 LW, 4 D, 2 G +bench.

S - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HITS, BLKS
    G- W, SV%, GAA, SO
    C- Seguin
    RW-Kane,Marner
    LW-
    D- Hedman
    G- Vasilevskiey

Dobber Sports Ace

Pass on the offer. Tell him to try harder.
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Stud

Unanimous thus far.. looks like a solid pass!

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Stud

It's an intriguing offer but there's no way I'm moving McDavid if there's even a remote threat that your league will go from 17 keepers to 5 at some point in the near future. In that scenario and with your team, I don't even see how you could move McDavid and upgrade over the other 4 keepers because of who you already have.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    It's an intriguing offer but there's no way I'm moving McDavid if there's even a remote threat that your league will go from 17 keepers to 5 at some point in the near future. In that scenario and with your team, I don't even see how you could move McDavid and upgrade over the other 4 keepers because of who you already have.
    That's a great point. Although having Murray, Werenski and Tarasenko would be three pretty dirty keepers in 4 years.. I'm sure I'll have the opportunity to maximize a couple spots with premier young talent in the time leading up to that change as most of my current team will be 30+ by then.

Keep on, keepin' on.

If this was a league where you keep everyone or if you really needed goaltending, I think it would be worth doing.

With the amount of star power on your roster, I would pass. Nice job assembling that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    That's a great point. Although having Murray, Werenski and Tarasenko would be three pretty dirty keepers in 4 years.. I'm sure I'll have the opportunity to maximize a couple spots with premier young talent in the time leading up to that change as most of my current team will be 30+ by then.
    So would having McDavid (= Werenski + Tarasenko production) and four other superstars. Kane Price, Kling/Rielly etc.. they'll all still be legit superstars in 4 years
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4