Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Trump's Message to Americans

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Trump's Message to Americans

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Reminds me of our current PM
    You know Harper lost the last election, right?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    You know Harper lost the last election, right?
    LOL! Kudos! +1
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

The problems stem from the fact that there is a 'media' outlet that will pander to whatever crazy beliefs a person might hold. It does not have to do anything with facts, just deliver a steady stream of whatever your little segment of the market wants to hear. Breitbart news (Bannon's little brain child) is a perfect example of this. White supremacist drivel masquerading as 'free speech'. So one simply has to cherry pick the news that they 'want' to be true. What ends up happening is people directed to these false news sites are fed a steady stream of half truths, innuendo and outright lies, which then forms the basis of who becomes the next president. The master stroke by Bannon and the Trump team was claiming the main stream media was biased against him. Everybody likes a conspiracy theory now a days. A few hours spent bouncing around the internet and these super sleuths have unravelled all the 'genuine' truths in the world today. Screw all those investigatory journalist risking their lives to bring us the truth. Hell they are just a bunch of shills lobbying covertly for major corporations and the 'Clinton Machine'. Ho hum. And now here we are with a man child holding the highest office in the land.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    The problems stems from the fact that there is a 'media' outlet that will pander to whatever crazy beliefs a person might hold. It does not have to do anything with facts, just deliver a steady stream of whatever your little segment of the market wants to hear. Breitbart news (Bannon's little brain child) is a perfect example of this. White supremacist drivel masquerading as 'free speech'. So one simply has to cherry pick the news that they 'want' to be true. So what ends up happening is half truths, innuendo and outright lies form the basis for who becomes the next president. The master stroke by Bannon and the Trump team was claiming the main stream media was biased against him. Everybody likes a conspiracy theory now a days. A few hours spent bouncing around the internet and these super sleuths have unravelled all the 'genuine' truths in the world today. Screw all those investigatory journalist risking their lives to bring us the truth. Hell they are just a bunch of shills lobbying covertly for major corporations and the 'Clinton Machine'. Ho hum. And now here we are with a man child holding the highest office in the land.
    I really want to say it isn't as bad as all that... but... umm... Yeah, I got nothin'.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    i have seen nothing that indicates he wont behave as president exactly as he always does. brash arrogant annoying insulting and a total disaster.
    Perhaps, but that wasn't your question. Your question was "do you think that his strategy of bankrupting his businesses will work for the united states?"

My point was that he may not be able to implement those strategies in his current situation. In his business he could act unilaterally and pick and choose which policies and regulations he was going to follow or disregard. He will not have those luxuries in his new situation.

I'll stand by my opinion that his success will be bound by his ability to adjust to this new situation. I don't think any of us have seen enough to make a call on that...yet.

I disliked it when people declared President Obama a failure only because they didn't care for his ideology. I'm not going to fall into that trap here.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ninja

i have seen nothing that indicates he wont behave as president exactly as he always does. brash arrogant annoying insulting and a total disaster.
    You obviously haven't seen his acceptance speech, meeting with Obama comments, 60 minute interview and pretty much any other public comment he has made since being elected then...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    You obviously haven't seen his acceptance speech, meeting with Obama comments, 60 minute interview and pretty much any other public comment he has made since being elected then...
    well at least we know what folks are buying his bs. trump is a master at this crap. feed lines to people exactly as they want to hear it.

lets take the off the record media meeting where he reportedly ripped into the media outlets like a petulant child not being told he was a special snowflake that everyone loved. it was off the record but of course the details leaked out. why? because he knows that half the country will eat that crap up. "look at that there trump guy give'n them newspaper folks a spankin' woooo weeeeee look at em go!!!" it gets interpreted by the 60+ million people who voted for him as being tough and not takin' any crap from the media. hes a good ole boy doin what needs to be done to get the job done.

its amazing to me that that many people continually get sucked into it over and over and over again and yet here you are. proving that even here at dobberhockey people lap up his verbal voodoo like little puppies. i am actually laughing at my desk right now at how dumb such a large part of america is. oh but i am not supposed to say that because it might hurt their feelings and that was why none of them wanted to tell pollsters that they were going to vote for trump. liberal folks who call out racism and bigotry are the reason trump got election or some such insane thing. so funny.

the whole thing is one giant game with billionaires and millionaires pulling the string of people who vote and who think they are being good little citizens by lining up and writing a name down on a sheet of paper or however it is done in the usa. the good people. the real good ones. they are out making real changes in this world but youll never hear of them because they cant be bothered to involve themselves in the cesspool of politics and voting.

Banned

iwinthings is an expert guys

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    iwinthings is an expert guys
    how do you think I win things?

Dobber Sports Superstar

how do you think I win things?
    Actually with that screen name, one would think that you were "The Donald".

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ninja

well at least we know what folks are buying his bs. trump is a master at this crap. feed lines to people exactly as they want to hear it.
    You said that you haven't seen anything suggesting as President he will change his previous public behavior ("brash, arrogant, annoying, insulting, etc")... and then I gave you a ton of examples that prove otherwise.

In fact, every public appearance that Trump has made since being elected contradicts your statement. He has acted 100% diplomatic and presidential (whether or not people "buy" it is another matter).

Dobber Sports Master

In fact, every public appearance that Trump has made since being elected contradicts your statement. He has acted 100% diplomatic and presidential (whether or not people "buy" it is another matter).
    We aren't counting his twitter spat with the Hamilton Musical are we?
    /S

Victoria DH

Dobber Sports Superstar

You said that you haven't seen anything suggesting as President he will change his previous public behavior ("brash, arrogant, annoying, insulting, etc")... and then I gave you a ton of examples that prove otherwise.

To be fair, it hasn't all been good. There have been some disturbing examples as well.

One that I found particularly disturbing was in the 60 Minutes interview that you mentioned. When confronted by Leslie Stahl regarding the incidents of hate-speak and bullying being carried out in his name, Trump claims not to condone it and then looks directly into the camera and says "Stop it."

Does he really think that's going to work? Who does he think he's fooling? Us? Or himself?

Frankly, I don't know what would be worse - that he thinks that he can bullshlt people in this way or, if he's actually being sincere, that he can pit people against each other last week and then turn it off like a television this week when it becomes politically inconvenient. Does he think that he can absolve himself of responsibility for all of the divisive rhetoric of his campaign so easily?

So, either he's a cynic to a degree that would make Richard Nixon blush, or he has a profound lack of any kind of grasp of human nature, which I consider a prerequisite for any position of leadership.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Apprentice

youre not getting it. so far his snippets of reasonable behaviour have only been surrounded by a mass of same old same old. he hasnt changed at all. just because he acts presidential for 5 minutes on one day that doesnt overwrite the way he is behaving the rest of the day.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Frankly, I don't know what would be worse - that he thinks that he can bullshlt people in this way or, if he's actually being sincere, that he can pit people against each other last week and then turn it off like a television this week when it becomes politically inconvenient. Does he think that he can absolve himself of responsibility for all of the divisive rhetoric of his campaign so easily?
    the thing is he can bullshit people in that way and he can pit people against each other one week and then turn if off and he can absolve himself of any responsibility whatsoever of his divisive rhetoric because people will let him. unless someone does something about it then he can keep doing it and he will. and it will get worse. in the same way that if you dont give consequences to a toddler they will keep pushing their limits finding out how much they can get away with. i can just hear trump laughing in the oval office stunned that he got away with all that crap and still became president and rubbing his hands together and wondering what else he can get away with. unless someone stops him he is just going to keep on rollin.