Thread: Lesner vs. Goldberg

I...am your father.

Default Lesner vs. Goldberg

Did anyone see it? Or did you blink?

On one hand - very cool that the WWE did an unexpected thing like that. On the other hand, sucks to look forward to a match and have it over in 10 seconds.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Lesner vs. Goldberg

I'm guessing one of them had an injury heading into the fight (probably goldberg) so they needed to make it a quick match.

It's ok, they're just building up to the rematch.

I've gotta say even though he's obviously juicing, Goldberg looks pretty good for a 50 year old.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I've gotta say even though he's obviously juicing, Goldberg looks pretty good for a 50 year old.
    I thought the same thing

My guess about the fast match was - Goldberg is rusty and/or didn't want to do a full match, but agreed to be there for the hype and get his payday.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

I am not so sure about the injury angle. To me, it is a case where Goldberg wanted to come back. It is obvious the he is still in great shape and has been staying on top of his moves. I think the WWE wanted to announce his return with a bang. It's a pretty brilliant tactic and a way to have Goldberg explode back onto the scene.

On a related note, I thought the event was decent, but not spectacular. The obvious "big event" was Goldberg / Lesnar which I thought was awesome, among other's criticism that it was brutal. I also liked the reunion of The Shield, although I am not sure what kind of legs it is going to have, considering Ambrose is on Smackdown, while Reigns and Rollins are from Raw.

However, one thing that strikes me, is how empty the Survivor Series feels. The three multi person matches between Smackdown and Raw were executed well, but at the end of the day, they just don't matter. Who cares who won them? They have no significance.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yup - he was injured heading into Survivor Series. Confirms everything most people expected about that disappointing match.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3728753/wwe...rvivor-series/

Dobber Sports Titan

I saw the Lesnar vs Goldberg clip that the score put on their Instagram. It was highlights of their NFL careers lol.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

I heard what happened last night and found myself pretty surprised they went in that direction. I guess if he was hurt then what are you gonna do.....but still.

Dobber Sports Star

I find it interesting that people think the reason that the match was so quick and one-sided, was because Goldberg was injured. Lesnar seems like a bit of a Prima Donna and I don't see him easily agreeing to look so bad if it was just a matter of Goldberg being injured. I can see him saying "You want me to roll over and look bad because HE is injured??? How is that my vault and why do I have to look like shit because of it?"

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I find it interesting that people think the reason that the match was so quick and one-sided, was because Goldberg was injured. Lesnar seems like a bit of a Prima Donna and I don't see him easily agreeing to look so bad if it was just a matter of Goldberg being injured. I can see him saying "You want me to roll over and look bad because HE is injured??? How is that my vault and why do I have to look like shit because of it?"

Rylant
    Also true....but how do you see Lesnar agreeing to this? Either way it's crazy to think he would.

Dobber Sports Recruit

$$$ Doesn't it create a block buster rematch? Goldberg has no reason to be in the ring at 50. I find it pretty sad.