Thread: Bishop, Ellis for Fleury and Buff

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Bishop, Ellis for Fleury and Buff

I a getting nervous about Bishop this season with Vas playing so well. Have this offer on the table in a league that gives added bonus points to D men. Buff usually finishes top 10-15 overall in skater scoring. Does Fleury still have enough value to make this deal viable or am I just panicking unduly about Bishop? I have Crawford and Hellebuyck to fall back on (Elliot looks like a drop soon). Thanks.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Bishop, Ellis for Fleury and Buff

I think Bishop will have more starts, and more quality starts at that than Fleury. Fleury looks like a mess this season, which is what tends to happen whenever the guy faces any bit of adversity or pressure. While Buff is a major upgrade on Ellis in many ways, if he isn't a keeper for you moving forward, then the move doesn't make sense for you. It seems like you are already quite weak at goal...
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    I think Bishop will have more starts, and more quality starts at that than Fleury. Fleury looks like a mess this season, which is what tends to happen whenever the guy faces any bit of adversity or pressure. While Buff is a major upgrade on Ellis in many ways, if he isn't a keeper for you moving forward, then the move doesn't make sense for you. It seems like you are already quite weak at goal...
    I agree Bishop should see quite a few more starts than Fleury, even with Vas breathing down his neck, but the upgrade from Ellis to Buff is mammoth. Buff averages about 195 fantasy points per year in my league. Ellis is around 110. Ellis bounces around the waiver wire in this league. Bishop put up 202 points last season with 63 starts I believe. How many more starts are going to be taken away from him this season by VAs?

And yes, Buff would definitely be a keeper going forward.

My biggest concern is Fleury's value moving forward. Does he see 30+ more starts this season, or does Murray take the brunt of the load? He would also switch Fleury with Niemi but in my opinion that would be a considerable downgrade.

As to my goaltending, I am third in my league in goalie scoring so it is not all that bad Crawford is great, and I am beginning to trust Hell Boy has taken the #1 reigns on a strong young Winnipeg squad. Hellebuyck may even become a keeper for me.
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    I agree Bishop should see quite a few more starts than Fleury, even with Vas breathing down his neck, but the upgrade from Ellis to Buff is mammoth. Buff averages about 195 fantasy points per year in my league. Ellis is around 110. Ellis bounces around the waiver wire in this league. Bishop put up 202 points last season with 63 starts I believe. How many more starts are going to be taken away from him this season by VAs?

And yes, Buff would definitely be a keeper going forward.

My biggest concern is Fleury's value moving forward. Does he see 30+ more starts this season, or does Murray take the brunt of the load? He would also switch Fleury with Niemi but in my opinion that would be a considerable downgrade.

As to my goaltending, I am third in my league in goalie scoring so it is not all that bad Crawford is great, and I am beginning to trust Hell Boy has taken the #1 reigns on a strong young Winnipeg squad. Hellebuyck may even become a keeper for me.
    Yeah, even eyeballing it, Buff is a huge upgrade for you over Ellis. Murray is definitely the starter for Pittsburgh now and unlike Tampa who is contending for a Cup, Murray already has his and needs to be groomed to be a full time starter next year.

So the real question is whether gaining Buff is worth the downgrade in goal? If he is, and Buff is a keeper for you moving forward, do the deal. Moving forward, with Bishop and Fleury (presumably) on new teams next year, their values should be similar.

Good luck!
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier

The Great One

I'm not sure you upgrade this season but I think it makes you better next season after expansion etc
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would make that deal.

Byfuglien is generally a top 20 skater in your format. Fleury should be useful, at worst.

Ellis is your #6 defenseman, and likely close to what is on waivers. Bishop should be more useful than Fleury, but not THAT much more useful.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Gonna bump this thread one time in case anyone else would like to chime in. Offer is still available. The question is, how many games will Bishop and Fleury likely play for the rest of the season? If it is even anywhere close, I think I come out on top by a fair margin with the upgrade of Buff from Ellis. Thoughts?
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm on the Buff/Fleury side. Not as big a downgrade in net as it is an upgrade on D.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)