Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sam Bennett

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Sam Bennett

I've pretty much given up on Bennett for this year but he has shown flashes that will make me target him late in my drafts next year. I still think he has it, just taking longer to adjust than I hoped
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports All-Star

Hmm. In my opinion Monahan is a better player than Bennet. Much better face off man (exceptional for his age actually) with two 60 + point goal heavy seasons under his belt already and he still only 22 years old. I think it is unlikely Bennet ever becomes the #1 center in Calgary unless Monahan gets traded. Just my 2 bits. Of course, I may be biased...
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Master

monahan went from a 30 fppg guy to 19 fppg guy in my format but theres no way I'm using that as an indicator for the future .

I'd hang tight with bennett and wait for the clouds to pass

- - - Updated - - -

monahan went from a 30 fppg guy to 19 fppg guy in my format but theres no way I'm using that as an indicator for the future .

I'd hang tight with bennett and wait for the clouds to pass

Dobber Sports Master

I tend to see it the same way wonko does. Though I will say that Bennett isn't that bad on draws himself. Gluglu may be the problem here.. The entire offense seems to be sputtering outside of the Backlund line. Something has to give, no?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Titan

Bennett is still a target for me in leagues with hits and FW. He has the tools to be a very rare commodity in leagues like those.
    Points only leagues however, he's a hold right now. Another year or so and he should be putting the puck in the net with a little more efficiency. He has also been buried down the lineup a little. Lower ice time means less production from him. Earlier in the year when he was on the top line he was amazing. That's more what I see moving forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Bennett is still a target for me in leagues with hits and FW. He has the tools to be a very rare commodity in leagues like those.
    Points only leagues however, he's a hold right now. Another year or so and he should be putting the puck in the net with a little more efficiency. He has also been buried down the lineup a little. Lower ice time means less production from him. Earlier in the year when he was on the top line he was amazing. That's more what I see moving forward.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

No question in my mind Bennett long term is going to be a better player than Monahan. Don't think it's honestly all that close.

Dobber Sports Pro

Healthy scratch tonight...

https://twitter.com/Fan960Steinberg/...46813977186304

- - - Updated - - -

Healthy scratch tonight...

https://twitter.com/Fan960Steinberg/status/822146813977186304
    12 teams, Yahoo H2H, daily, keep 5.

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN, IR+
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Pettersson
    LW: M.Tkachuk (+RW), Zucker (+RW), Coleman (+RW), N.Foligno (+C)
    RW: Kucherov, Svechnikov (+LW), W.Nylander (+C), Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Hughes,Doughty, Ekblad, Hronek, McNabb, Cernak
    G: Lehner, Grubauer, Francouz
    IR+:

Dobber Sports Master

Good! He needs a kick in the pants. So does GluGlu.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    No question in my mind Bennett long term is going to be a better player than Monahan. Don't think it's honestly all that close.
    So Monahan's last two season (at age 20 and 21) saw him put up 62 and 63 points respectively, with an average of around 900 face off wins (50%), and you think Bennet is going to be that far above him that it is not even close? I am not arguing, I am just surprised. That means in your opinion Bennet is going to be one of the best face off men in the league and a 70+ point center consistently once he gets his shit together. High praise. High praise indeed.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Jedi

Bennett 45.7% FO% this year.. he's not that good.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Really appreciate this thread. Being in Australia, I've seen no Flames games this year, so focusing solely on stats and advanced stats, I was strongly considering dumping Bennett this year before he loses all value. Perhaps I will hold off for another year and cross fingers.
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    So Monahan's last two season (at age 20 and 21) saw him put up 62 and 63 points respectively, with an average of around 900 face off wins (50%), and you think Bennet is going to be that far above him that it is not even close? I am not arguing, I am just surprised. That means in your opinion Bennet is going to be one of the best face off men in the league and a 70+ point center consistently once he gets his shit together. High praise. High praise indeed.
    In 5 years from now when both are fully developed and you look at the two players I think there will be no question which one is better yes.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Wanted to make a thread about him, but luckily find this.

So, how is Samuel Bennett doing lately? I'm not following him, just saw the point totals, very underwelming results. Is he a similar type of "slow cooking" player like Elias Lindholm, who finally doing better lately? Maybe Bennett is a good buy low option for next year if his owner start panicking?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
    Wanted to make a thread about him, but luckily find this.

So, how is Samuel Bennett doing lately? I'm not following him, just saw the point totals, very underwelming results. Is he a similar type of "slow cooking" player like Elias Lindholm, who finally doing better lately? Maybe Bennett is a good buy low option for next year if his owner start panicking?
    I 100% still love him as a buy low for next year. I'm actually strangely excited that he was so bad this year because he can be such a great player, but he will be so easy to draft or trade for before next season.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

CaptainCally, the update is that Sam Bennett sucks. He was rushed, maybe that was it, but he can't score. He might be a forever bust because he was rushed. Some guys never recover from that. I see nothing in his play this year that suggests he will become a top line scorer, a la 60-65+points and I have no idea why. I really wish he hadn't gotten hurt that year where his draft class played in the WJC. Might have given him a chance to develop the kind of confidence needed to become a top player. Instead, that confidence went to Sam Reinhart.. bah!
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin