Thread: Report: Blue Jays to sign Kendrys Morales to 3-year, 33M deal

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Report: Blue Jays to sign Kendrys Morales to 3-year, 33M deal

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...year-33m-deal/

Morales put up a .263/.327/.468 line last season with 30 home runs and 93 RBI for the Kansas City Royals. He was not tendered a qualifying offer by the team, meaning the Blue Jays will not give up any draft pick compensation as a result of the signing.

Love that fact.

​Wonder how this affect EE negotiations. Can you see EE playing the field all year or does this signal the end?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Report: Blue Jays to sign Kendrys Morales to 3-year, 33M deal

This is likely the end of EE in Toronto. Would have loved to have him back, but I think he priced himself out of our range.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is a solid signing IMO, and doesn't necessarily signify the end of the EE era in Toronto but it likely closes the door on any possibility there was that both Jose and Edwin would come back.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    This is a solid signing IMO, and doesn't necessarily signify the end of the EE era in Toronto but it likely closes the door on any possibility there was that both Jose and Edwin would come back.
    Agreed! Finally some lefty power for the middle of the lineup

Dobber Sports Master

reminds me of the Haap signing which wasnt exciting at first but turned out well .

I'm guessing shapiro and co. built that cleveland team that just went to world series so I think jays are in good hands.

Dobber Sports Titan

EE can play 1st base still. He should be an everyday 1B, but because Toronto wanted Smoak (Switch hitter) in the lineup, and to rest EE, EE just got thrown to DH too often.

Doesn’t end the discussion with EE, but it does make Toronto look like they aren’t waiting all summer on his decision. Look for Toronto to also move on from JB after he rejects his QO today and move to Reddick.

I would LOVE for Toronto to get Fowler. A top half lineup of Fowler-Travis-Donaldson-EE/Morales-Morales/EE-Tulo would be so much better than what they have this yr. However, I don’t think Toronto is even on Fowlers radar, but if I was Toronto I’d make us on his radar. Its more of a pipe dream at this point tho.

But, Morales wasn’t hitting in a protected lineup like Toronto has (if EE signs), his numbers could be huge next yr.

- - - Updated - - -

EE can play 1st base still. He should be an everyday 1B, but because Toronto wanted Smoak (Switch hitter) in the lineup, and to rest EE, EE just got thrown to DH too often.

Doesn’t end the discussion with EE, but it does make Toronto look like they aren’t waiting all summer on his decision. Look for Toronto to also move on from JB after he rejects his QO today and move to Reddick.

I would LOVE for Toronto to get Fowler. A top half lineup of Fowler-Travis-Donaldson-EE/Morales-Morales/EE-Tulo would be so much better than what they have this yr. However, I don’t think Toronto is even on Fowlers radar, but if I was Toronto I’d make us on his radar. Its more of a pipe dream at this point tho.

But, Morales wasn’t hitting in a protected lineup like Toronto has (if EE signs), his numbers could be huge next yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Fowler would be a great addition

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Smoak is not good, I hope the Jays brass is smart enough to see this..

Fowler would be a good addition.. Need some speed and some more "small ball" guys for the big bats!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..