Thread: [Signed] - Bartolo Colon to Atlanta

Dobber Sports Titan

Default [Signed] - Bartolo Colon to Atlanta

I guess 40+ is the new 25 for pitchers in Atlanta? The Braves wasted no time adding another former all-star to their pitching staff after signing RA Dickey yesterday.

http://www.si.com/mlb/2016/11/11/bar...ee-agency-mets
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: [Signed] - Bartolo Colon to Atlanta

Well between Dickey and Colon you’ll get 300-400IP. Which is 20-27% of the yr. So that’ll help not rush young arms.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The 2017 Braves are similar to the 15/16 Leafs.
    They are signing veterans... hoping they pan out for enough of the year to flip them at trade deadline for youth assets.
    Part of their major rebuild strategy.

Braves also open a new ballpark next spring. So having a few veterans gives (some) fans the illusion of hope.
    (My own company has done a bit of design worth on it. Pretty fun/exciting to be a part of... even if the Braves are garbage right now.)

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Braves also open a new ballpark next spring. So having a few veterans gives (some) fans the illusion of hope.
    I was going to say the same thing. I think this is more of a marketing move and a relief on young arms more than anything else. I doubt they think these guys can actually help them win games...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Immortal

Surprised the Mets wouldn't just bring him back given the issues they had keeping people healthy.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Colon pitched at turner field (as a visitor) it's first year and will pitch in the Braves new stadium. His career outlasted a stadiums.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    Colon pitched at turner field (as a visitor) it's first year and will pitch in the Braves new stadium. His career outlasted a stadiums.
    That's a great fact! Makes you think of what Jagr is doing in the NHL right now. Both extremely impressive that they have been able to shape their careers to prolong them as they have.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    The 2017 Braves are similar to the 15/16 Leafs.
    They are signing veterans... hoping they pan out for enough of the year to flip them at trade deadline for youth assets.
    Part of their major rebuild strategy.

(My own company has done a bit of design worth on it. Pretty fun/exciting to be a part of... even if the Braves are garbage right now.)
    That is awesome that your company did some work on the new park... I cannot wait to visit it one day!

As for the rebuild I hope that it works out and we can see a Braves team like the glory days!

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I guess 40+ is the new 25 for pitchers in Atlanta? The Braves wasted no time adding another former all-star to their pitching staff after signing RA Dickey yesterday.

http://www.si.com/mlb/2016/11/11/bar...ee-agency-mets
    Yeah, the average age of the Braves just doubled after signing these two guys... going to be another long season as a Braves fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    That's cool!!