Thread: Goalie crisis - need advice

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Goalie crisis - need advice

Went into my draft with Quick as a keeper and didn't get a good #2 because I waited a little too long. Misread the draft and got burned by a very, very intense goalie rush between my picks.

Quick goes down and suddenly my goalie setup is Mason, Lehtonen and Domingue. Not good.

Would you go after Niemi or Neuvirth, knowing it's possible the Flyers or Stars could make a deadline trade that shakes those tandems up? The Niemi seems interested; I was thinking of offering Dougie Hamilton for Niemi just to test the waters (I have certain reasons why this deal might work for this particular owner).

I'm also looking at middle to low end starters right now like Anderson, Andersen, Lehner, etc. to fill the gap.

Who on my team would get me a lowish end starter? Btw, the FA market is flush with backups, but no studs. Hutchinson and Lack might be the only players who will top 35 starts. I have the option of rolling with backups til Quick is back, but I'm not sure if that will cut it.

Anyways, I feel there's probably a ton more info I could provide so if you need more specifics I can provide them.

Help!

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Goalie crisis - need advice

I'd be much more aggressive than that if I were in your situation......I'd be trading a C for high quality goalie. You are ridiculously loaded there and your team is unbalanced and light on other areas, one being G. I'd start with dangling Malkin and seeing what that would get you.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree that I would dangle Malkin, and see what that brings. I'd be very willing to deal Malkin & Quick in a package, as well, if the return made sense.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Monster

Still can't find a deal that works. Most GMs holding on tight to their goalies. Any more suggestions?

Is a Malkin+package going to get me anywhere? One idea I thought of is Malkin+Mason to the Crawford owner. He has Neuvirth who just went down, but he also doesnt have great goalie depth behind Crawford so I'm not sure.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

Would anyone move Lucic+Lehtonen for the following:
    Freddy Andersen
    Connor Hellebuyck
    Robin Lehner

Looking for better stats across the board in goaltending.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Initiate

As most GM's are not willing to let their G's go I would target Hellebuyck and then pick-up Hutchinson. Are you able to package Malkin and Lehtonen for Hutchinson and a RW? Trading Lucic will leave you even thinner at LW and your depth is down the middle as the previous poster noted. Who does he have at LW or RW that you could target?
    Scooter
    -------------------------------------------------
    C - Hughes (C/LW), Mackinnon (C), Ek (C),
    LW - Stutzle (LW), Raymond (LW/RW), Joshua (C/LW)
    RW - Rantanen (RW), Giouroux (C/RW). Bjorkstrand (RW), Mantha (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Makar, Seider, L Hughes, Matheson, Faber
    G - Saros, Levi, Luukkonen
    IR -
    -------------------------------------------------
    12 team league - 19 on Roster (+4 IR)
    8 keepers, 5 bench, Weekly H2H league,
    11 cat's G,A,PPP,+/-,SOG,PIM,GWG,Hits & W,SV%,GAA
    2 Start at C, LW,RW and G and 4 D.
    55 Moves Regular Season (re-set to 8 for Play-Offs)
    Daily Line-Up Changes[/SIZE][/FONT]

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by IngeTheHammerStrom View Post
    As most GM's are not willing to let their G's go I would target Hellebuyck and then pick-up Hutchinson. Are you able to package Malkin and Lehtonen for Hutchinson and a RW? Trading Lucic will leave you even thinner at LW and your depth is down the middle as the previous poster noted. Who does he have at LW or RW that you could target?
    I should note that my LW is out of date and I now have Palat and Jenner there. In terms of the other team, I would want a RW and they don't really have anyone of interest. I would fill that hole on the FA market most likely.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Padawan

Don't make trades thinking Niemi will be more than he is. He is a functional tender who will get some wins and can get hot at times but will let down throughout the season. I had him as a keeper pre-Dallas and it wasn't all that much different in SJ.

I agree with Inge, that Helle would be a good goalie to target. Also, this may not seem intuitive, but I grabbed Markstrom to help me deal with losing Quick, and I've played him almost every start he's gotten this year. Haven't been disappointed.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by MasterByte View Post
    Don't make trades thinking Niemi will be more than he is. He is a functional tender who will get some wins and can get hot at times but will let down throughout the season. I had him as a keeper pre-Dallas and it wasn't all that much different in SJ.

I agree with Inge, that Helle would be a good goalie to target. Also, this may not seem intuitive, but I grabbed Markstrom to help me deal with losing Quick, and I've played him almost every start he's gotten this year. Haven't been disappointed.
    Yeah I think I'm done pursuing Niemi. The owner won't listen to offers, so I'm trying to trade him Lehtonen (if he likes Niemi so much surely he'd want the Dallas tandem, no?). Unfortunately Markstrom is owned by the Miller owner, so I doubt he's a guy I could get.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry