Thread: Drop Phaneuf for Matheson? Keeper

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Drop Phaneuf for Matheson? Keeper

I'm keeping Phaneuf around with no intention of keeping him, putting up no points but is helping with PIMS. Thinking long-term Matheson is a better option? Can only keep 3 Dmen though.

***also I have Michael Stone no longer on IR, so drop him and pick up Matheson?
    Last edited by ncslammer; October 25, 2016 at 6:11 PM. Reason: Adding

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Drop Phaneuf for Matheson? Keeper

I don't think you are going to keep either of these players over Josi, Ekblad, Vatanen and Pietreangelo.... therefore I would play the one that is going to put up most points in your league this year.

I think Matheson will get more points so as long as PIMs are not worth an absurd amount I would make this move!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I don't think you are going to keep either of these players over Josi, Ekblad, Vatanen and Pietreangelo.... therefore I would play the one that is going to put up most points in your league this year.

I think Matheson will get more points so as long as PIMs are not worth an absurd amount I would make this move!
    I'm with PH. Look at it as a 1 yr. The +/- is also a killer for Phaneuf, so I go Matheson too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd drop Phaneuf to well, drop Phaneuf. so yes I'd also add Matheson

if it's PIM you need... is Gudas an option to add? He won't hurt your +/- as much as Phaneuf.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Novice

It's head to head so PIMs would be nice, not crucial if other categories are lacking though.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Knowing the categories would be nice, but I agree dropping Phanuef for Matheson would be good. Might be even better out there, though.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Like what I've seen of Matheson. I'd take the gamble over Phaneuf personally.