Thread: Kings future and Quick's value in 2 to 3 years. Swap for up and comming team, re: Buffalo?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Kings future and Quick's value in 2 to 3 years. Swap for up and comming team, re: Buffalo?

The Kings are getting long in the tooth and their better days appear to be behind them. How does this hurt Quick's rank in the Keep 12 league from my signature over the next 2 or 3 years? Am toying with the idea of trading him for a goalie on an up and coming team. Perhaps Lenner in Buffalo. If not Lehner, then who... or is he too valuable and remains as a hold over that time period? Thanks a million ;-).
    8 Team Keeper (Keep 12, max 2 goalies) -G(1), A(1), +/- (.5), PIM (.25), SHG (2), SHA (1), GWG (2), Hits and blocks (.1), W(2), GA (-.2), SV (.05), SO (5)

C: Stamkos Tavares Jenner
    L: Ovechkin Panarin Palat Lee Ritchie
    R: Wheeler Backes Pavelski Radulov McCarron
    D: Josi Giordano Muzzin Parayako McDonaugh Markov Petrovic
    G: Lundqvist Bishop Halak Griess Hutchinson

12 Team Keeper (Keep 12) -G(1), A(1), W(2), SO(3)

C: Backstrom Tavares Konecny Rakell
    L: Ovechkin Panarin Palat DSedin Lehkonen Connor Buchnevich
    R: Radulov Backes Williams Okposo Yakupov
    D: Carlson Shattinkirk Leddy Niskanen ALarsson Green
    G: Quick Crawford Helleybuck Halak Zatkoff

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Kings future and Quick's value in 2 to 3 years. Swap for up and comming team, re: Buffalo?

Lehner is not worth dealing quick for right now.
    Talbot, Andersen, Helle, Vas, Murray, Jones. Those are the ones I would inquire about first.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

Default Re: Kings future and Quick's value in 2 to 3 years. Swap for up and comming team, re: Buffalo?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Lehner is not worth dealing quick for right now.
    Talbot, Andersen, Helle, Vas, Murray, Jones. Those are the ones I would inquire about first.
    Yeah, I really don't get targeting a team in particular and limiting my potential targets. Why only Buffalo? Keep your options open and focus on making a great trade.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Yikes not Lenner... I still think Quick will be solid in the next 2-3 year but I see your reasoning. Here are some better options:

Straight up:

Jake Allen
    Cory Schenider
    Andrei Vasilevskiy

They Need to add:

Cam Talbot
    Martin Jones

After that your not getting the top guys Holtby or Price and if you trade for Rask, Lundy etc.. your getting similar tenders in situation. Unless I could get the top three guys I listed or a nice sweetener to the second tier guys, I am standing pat.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Yeah, I really don't get targeting a team in particular and limiting my potential targets. Why only Buffalo? Keep your options open and focus on making a great trade.
    The reason for targeting a team has more to due with the GM's in my league and less about the goalies. Am factoring GM situation/likelihood for a trade and who the team/goalie is. Some will not want to part with a starter for an IR goalie like Quick if they feel they can contend, while others are less likely to contend and may take on Quick. One GM has both Lehner and Talbot and likely won't contend for a while.
    8 Team Keeper (Keep 12, max 2 goalies) -G(1), A(1), +/- (.5), PIM (.25), SHG (2), SHA (1), GWG (2), Hits and blocks (.1), W(2), GA (-.2), SV (.05), SO (5)

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Yikes not Lenner... I still think Quick will be solid in the next 2-3 year but I see your reasoning. Here are some better options:

Straight up:

Jake Allen
    Cory Schenider
    Andrei Vasilevskiy

They Need to add:

Cam Talbot
    Martin Jones

After that your not getting the top guys Holtby or Price and if you trade for Rask, Lundy etc.. your getting similar tenders in situation. Unless I could get the top three guys I listed or a nice sweetener to the second tier guys, I am standing pat.
    Thanks for that. Great list. As mentioned above, GM situations within my league are a factor. A few of the goalies you've identified could work though. Does Quick drop off quickly in a 3 year window though? Does he remain a hold or is it time to sell on the Kings? Will the wins be there, despite his skill and Suter's coaching style?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Hrudey Blue View Post
    The reason for targeting a team has more to due with the GM's in my league and less about the goalies. Am factoring GM situation/likelihood for a trade and who the team/goalie is. Some will not want to part with a starter for an IR goalie like Quick if they feel they can contend, while others are less likely to contend and may take on Quick. One GM has both Lehner and Talbot and likely won't contend for a while.
    But with the uncertainty in Buffalo long-term you're better off finding another way to solve your problem.

Dobber Sports Novice

A solid point, as per usual.

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks for that. Great list. As mentioned above, GM situations within my league are a factor. A few of the goalies you've identified could work though. Does Quick drop off quickly in a 3 year window though? Does he remain a hold or is it time to sell on the Kings? Will the wins be there, despite his skill and Suter's coaching style?
    I am not looking beyond a 3 year window that is a good way to become an also ran yearly in fantasy leagues. I think a healthy Quick can get 35 to 40 wins for the next 2-3 years. The Kings are declining by still have Kopitor and Doughty in there prime. I think they continue to be around 10th to 6th place team over these years.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Novice

Getting the sense that he remains a hold to many of you then. Acquiring goalies is extremelly difficult in this league; was wanting to switch out for the young up and commer but perhaps it's a bit too early for that?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd be willing to move him for one of the guys listed above, but Lehner is not a good choice.

Setting aside the Kings, we're unsure how well Quick himself will come back from this injury and fare moving forward.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Administrator

I am not looking beyond a 3 year window that is a good way to become an also ran yearly in fantasy leagues. I think a healthy Quick can get 35 to 40 wins for the next 2-3 years. The Kings are declining by still have Kopitor and Doughty in there prime. I think they continue to be around 10th to 6th place team over these years.
    This is actually my preferred course of action. In a keep-12 there will be opportunities to draft other goalies which gives you a few rolls of the dice to uncover another Martin Jones. If you find a new goalie worth keeping then make your move to ditch Quick at that time.

Dobber Sports Expert

Getting the sense that he remains a hold to many of you then. Acquiring goalies is extremelly difficult in this league; was wanting to switch out for the young up and commer but perhaps it's a bit too early for that?
    If goalies are hard to acquire in this league, why trade a top10 goalie?

If you're too trade a top10 goalie, you better get something significantely better than Lehner.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd be willing to move him for one of the guys listed above, but Lehner is not a good choice.

Setting aside the Kings, we're unsure how well Quick himself will come back from this injury and fare moving forward.
    Agreed. Quick is far better then Lehner. I suppose I didn't mention eariler in the post that such a deal wouldn't be a one for one, but rather, a solid young winger + Lehner would have been the ask. Regardless, it's not one I'll do thanks to the advice found here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    If goalies are hard to acquire in this league, why trade a top10 goalie?

If you're too trade a top10 goalie, you better get something significantely better than Lehner.
    Agreed - the crystal ball I was hoping to see into was whether or not Lehner, with Buffalo's rebuild/progression, would be a reasonable replacement to Quick and the declining Kings in the near future. My sense is no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    This is actually my preferred course of action. In a keep-12 there will be opportunities to draft other goalies which gives you a few rolls of the dice to uncover another Martin Jones. If you find a new goalie worth keeping then make your move to ditch Quick at that time.
    I like this as well. I think he is a hold and I'll find another solution if/when the time comes. I have Helly (which I'm pumped about), Crawford, and the Islanders tandem. Doing ok in nets as far as this league goes ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post

Interesting... have other Goalies slipped significantlyu after similar injuries? Was Rinne not on the shelf a few years ago with a similar injury?

Dobber Sports Novice

Straight up:

Jake Allen
    Cory Schenider
    Andrei Vasilevskiy

They Need to add:

Cam Talbot
    Martin Jones

I like this advice too. Manager holds all of Lehner, Talbot, and Jones as goalies. A likely trade package would have been of the 3 + an ask like F Forsberg (assuming he'd sell); there'd be other parts to this, but those are the core. That's where my heads at.